Beomjun - self doubt

⚠️ smut ⚠️

It seemed as if his head was filled with smoke, everything fuzzy and grey.

Dance practice had been especially frustrating this evening, given their motivation to work even harder to prepare for their upcoming tour. With overworked tears brimming his lashes, he quietly announced his departure. Being in the studio was suffocating.

He distantly overhears his members packing up as he leans to rest his forehead against the cold glass of the mirror in the bathroom.

Get it together, Beomgyu.

He has some pride left to gather his bearings and go out and be his happy go lucky self, as to raise concern amongst the others. They sure have enough on their plate.

He double checks his reflection, deceiving that he looks okay, not like he'd had a silent breakdown, how embarrassing.

As he begrudgingly walks through the hall to start his path back to the dorms, he passes the open dance practice room door, not sparing even a single glance to the source of his exhaustion. He increases his pace.

Clamoring footsteps cut him off on his way past.

"Gyu!"

His oldest hyung catches his attention after rushing over, seemingly never having left the echoey room.

"I didn't see you leave, I wanted to wait for you."

That's sweet, he thinks, but it would've been better if he left.

Keeping his head held a little lower that necessary, but hopefully nothing to raise suspicion, praying his voice doesn't quiver or break , he replies nonchalantly, "I'm heading out now, so you can go."

Suddenly, Yeonjun was a lot closer.

"Why would you hide your tears from me? I've seen them enough to know something wrong."

It's like the thin glass box Beomgyu had put himself into had shattered the moment he spoke. He saw right through him, and suddenly his cheeks were stinging with his hot tears.

The taller wastes no time embracing the smaller to his chest, knowing he wanted-no needed- to provide comfort however he can.

"Baby, why didn't you come to me?"

Not trusting himself to provide a coherent verbal response between his hiccups and sobs, he shakes his head, nuzzling further into his boyfriend. He was always there for him, saw him at his worst, but he just wanted to deal with it himself.

Yeonjun guides them over to sit along the side wall of the dance studio, setting beomgyu on his lap. Letting him release all of his cries while comforting with soft affirmations that he's okay.

"Shhh, it's alright. What's got you all upset, hm?" He speaks softly as to coax the younger to calm down.

Beomgyu replies a bit later, regaining his breath, "I-I'm not sure, I just felt like I, like I was doing everything wrong today." He knew he was prone to doubting his abilities, especially when he was tired. He just needed a break from all this thinking.

Yeonjun gives a hum in understanding, the provides, "Today was difficult for everyone, but you're doing so good, Gyu, don't let your mind tell you otherwise."

Finally pulling away from his hyungs warmth, he peers up at him with glassy eyes, giving a slight smile, feeling slightly relieved that it wasn't just him feeling this way, but also appreciating Yeonjun for boosting his confidence.