Frank Discovers Twitch

APRIL

        Yesterday, Mom finally went out and bought me another journal--NOT diary. To be honest, I MISSED writing in these. Since last Summer started, not much has happened, though. Mom and Manny have been doing their own thing, Rodrick's been more distant than ever, and Chirag and I have been hanging out. Besides the occasional Pokimane stream, Summer was BORING. The last few months have been, too. Except for whatever Dad's been doing. He's basically become a social media influencer, continuing his Twitter, and he became a STREAMER.

 He's basically become a social media influencer, continuing his Twitter, and he became a STREAMER

           He was enthusiastic, but Mom didn't seem HAPPY. She said she didn't like that so many people watched him. Dad told her that those were his fans and without them he wouldn't get DONATIONS. He said he got five hundred dollars from just one stream. Mom still looked doubtful, but I knew an opportunity when I saw one. If Dad kept this up, we'll be RICH.

         Actually, I secretly checked his Twitter again and saw now he had some weird monkey profile picture. His last tweet was about his "new line of NFTS," but I didn't get what that even meant. Meanwhile, I've still been modding for MY streamer. Chirag came over today and we watched Pokimane together. Later, he asked me if I had heard the rumor.

       I asked him what he meant. Apparently, a lie was floating around about how Holly Hills will "come back from the dead." I told Chirag that Holly never DIED, she just hid away in the sewer systems under the streets. I realize now how CRAZY that sounds on paper. But Chirag said he knew, and that kids from our school turned her life into a ghost story. About an evil sewer girl who could be summoned if you spelled out "bald" on a oujia board. 

        I said that was ridiculous and anyone scared by that was an idiot. Chirag told me most of them didn't actually think she was a ghost, and it was just a game like the CHEESE touch. The mention of that terrible thing gave me chills. Holly was the one with the cheese touch, after all. No wonder everyone was trying to start this up again. I told Chirag that all I knew was I never wanted to see her again, and went back to Pokimane.

         Having been distracted for a few mintutes, I didn't realize she had changed title. I gasped and pointed at the screen when I read it. "Fortnite w/ xQcOW and frank_gamer_awesome2231!" That second one was DAD'S username.  I couldn't believe Poki knew him. Maybe if they streamed together, I could get to talk to her myself. 

       I suggested to Chirag that we JOIN them and rushed downstairs to Dad's desk. He was in front of his computer with his Turtle Beach headphones on, yelling about the game. Chirag and I pushed in front of him and I introduced myself.

 Chirag and I pushed in front of him and I introduced myself

        I didn't bother to explain that I was her moderator. I figured if she knew I was some dumb kid I'd be unmodded. Dad yelled at me that I butted in and caused him to lose the victory royale. But Chirag was still talking to the stream. Dad told her to ignore me and Chirag, because we were just some wimpy KIDS. It was weird because nobody had ever called me wimpy before. Dad went on to vent about the family, explaining Rodrick's interest in rock music, my disobedience, and Manny's wild adventures.

       Pokimane and the other guy on stream were just silent in confusion. Her whole chat was speeding, making fun of the stories of me and the other Heffleys. I was annoyed and hurt, wondering why he thought it'd be a good idea to tell all those people about our personal life.

 I was annoyed and hurt, wondering why he thought it'd be a good idea to tell all those people about our personal life

         But the chat LOVED Chirag. When Dad pulled us aside, I saw they were asking for him to come back. We were banned from going back downstairs until the livestream ended, and Dad went back to Fortnite. I asked Chirag in frustration why HE was so popular compared to ME. He didn't have an answer. After he eventually went home for dinner, I watched Poki end stream, bitter.

         At least spring break starts next week. I'm not sure I'm ready to go to school and face Chirag, or Rowley, who STILL won't talk to me. Especially not with the weird ghost rumor about HOLLY going around.

(end of pt 1.)

HAPPY NEW YEARS AND HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF DOASK!!

just like the first book this one is also dedicated to peechat, thanks for inspiring me for this and supporting it and also being literally my entire 2021 couldnt forget that!

and nope! no idea when chapter 2 is coming out!