The Meeting-Chapter 2

Severus apparated at the end of Privet drive, and hurried down the recently paved street, his black robes billowing behind the wizard, until he stopped at a lit house, with the number four on it. It was an average looking home, he supposed, average muggle vehicle, and plain flowers potted neatly along the house, It was a pretty good façade for hiding the one thing that made them the opposite of average.

He peered through the window, trying to make out people. The house was truly disgusting, sickly sweet flowered wallpaper and aged carpet. He knew his own house was no paradise, it was large and often dark. But at least he had dozens of books, and his house didn't look like it was a retirement home.

"Boy!" A man barks.

Severus hurried to the window where the sound was coming from. A small boy was hurrying towards the sound, just like him. He passed the window, and Severus caught a glimpse of the boy, Harry. He winces; from the back the boy really did look like James.

"We should go study Sev."

The 13 year old boy didn't respond, his eyes were locked on a group of rambunctious boys hollering, and laughing as others watched their harsh shouts in amusement. Amusement this 'Sev' did not share.

"Sev." The flame-headed girl pressed. "Let's go."

He sighed. "Fine."

They hurried back inside, as they rounded the corner, Lilly cast a look at the group of boys, glaring harshly at the ringleader who was now grinning cheekily at her.

Severus brushed the memory away, and focused back on the boy. He would be almost eight years old now, but he looked so small. Maybe it was the dull coloured clothing that seemed to be three sizes too big for the boy, or the fact that he had such a slim build. The clothing he wore was worn and tarnished, like they'd been in use for years.

"Y-yes uncle Vernon?" Harry asks softly.

The man who had called Harry, was a whale of a man, with flushed cheeks and burning eyes. The pudgy Vernon glares down at the little boy. "Dudley is having friends over tonight; you will stay in your cupboard."

Severus bristled with anger; he knew the kind of man this Vernon Dursley was. His own father had been similar, disgusted with the magic his wife had revealed to him after they were married. That disgust had carried over to his own son, and had been shown in neglect and abuse. Just like how Durlsey treated his nephew.

Cupboard. That's what Vernon Dursley had said, Harry lived in a cupboard . The anger in Severus grew. Dumbledore had said they would take care of the boy, but they hadn't even bothered to give the boy a room.

"We don't need you giving sweet Dudley a bad name." Petunia sniffs at her nephew.

Severus groaned, Petunia. They'd known each other as kids and their relationship usually landed in hate. Petunia had been jealous of her sisters' special abilities, and had taken out her frustrations on him and Lily through disgust and anger. Still Severus could understand that. Lily was... had been superior to her big sister in every way. Lily was beautiful, and a witch, while Petunia had no special abilities and average looks. What really angered him was the fact that the Dursleys seemed to believe they were superior to Harry, that their son was better than him.

"Okay." Harry nods weakly.

The man rolled his eyes and lazily swatted the poor boy. Harry hurried back out of Severus's eyesight, tearfully clutching his bottom.