"The Wish"

Slowly I sat down upon my throne. My meager office chair now an embellished carving of exquisite detail. Ravens joined in an embrace wrapping tired wings around the whole of its body. Stretching outward to the arm rests that supported my arms in a perfect darkness. It had transformed as one with my kingdom of shadow. A silent warfare dancing in the chambers of an open room echoed of a silent distortion. Its transforming shifting in an ethereal constant of stone to flesh. The trees stood amidst my attention as the wind projected itself calmly upon the floor. My old office sat in a puddle of ashes. Seared into the dirt that marked its grueling trilogy before me. Reality, sadness, and vengeance raced steadily in unseen factions. Within this realm as with the others I was king. The necklace striking the shrilled coldness of a dark canvas of night. Alive within my blood it haunted me silently. I sat upon my throne. A ruler in anticipation. In suturing hope still dwindling upon the the brink of another nightshine becomming. Time stood before me stilled by the ruptured creating of my fingertips upon my thrones echoing. My nails tapping the wood while my hand laid still and ready. Its rhythm singing ruthlessly amidst nights relentless smiling. My eyes trained upwards into the midst of time before me. "During my journeys I came upon a girl in a small village. I was captivated. Shaken within. Stirred to the brink of a hunger for her touch upon my shadowy flesh. I have but 1 wish. Can you make me mortal in that realm? Just for a moment? I want to sit with her. Admire her. Draw in her breath upon my own until we are one. I need to experience her. I need her. I can say It no other way. I need her as the night needs its blackness. There romance calling down the reigns of heaven to carry them onward. In togetherness. As one heart. One regret. And when the light of day strikes its vein into existence. They are no more. But left with an insatiable hunger. That hunger is I. For I hunger for her. Within. Without. Eternal. Can you do this for me?" Can you grant me this wish?" Time lunged backwards in an animated display of curiosity. A startling as if one had been touched by a ghost. A ghost with hands of flesh and substance. Smacking him to his senses. "Thats a very extreme request my king!" He said while lighting a cigarette. His transaction of flame to ash slowly taking birth before him. Strolling back and forth he glanced at the ground while his hair fell forward upon his face. Its sheen now matching the darkness surrounding him. A slight chill over took his borrowed form. Calm but discreet his eyes tracing back to his king upon his throne.. tensing while considering the request that had been presented. "My king yes I can do that. But for only one hour. While you become a mortal in another realm you will have no power. The necklace will not dispel its gleam upon you." I looked at him with a sudden fury. My voice commanding in the shrill darkness. "I did not want this power!! Nor do I know how it came to be!' Time fell to the floor in a blissful arrogance. "My king of course you didn't. I'm just stating the facts." He gazed at me with a troubling that crawled inward upon his flesh. His hands motioning the face of a clock declaring it was 6pm. Then returning to his knees in obedience of praise to his king. "Anything you wish my king. You need only ask. When the sun sets tonight you will have your wish. I will snap my fingers and you will be mortal in her realm. 1 hour my king. Remember. You will have 1 hour." Returning to his feet he bowed his head in adoration. The black tinge of his hair slowly reminisced the bits of wood upon the clocks shapeless face. Its contorting form becomming glass like encasing the numbered spectacle of its being. Stepping back his wings drained the air of blackness and spoiled the casm within his chest with springs and mechanical workings. Gliding upwards his body became the form of finality ticking its harrowing song. Assuming its stationary birth upon the wall. There it hung once again in submission. A mere clock upon a cold inviting wall. All had become silent. And all was as it was. Time again moved forward. A returning gleam erected its shine of light once again into my office room. The necklace was gone from my chest my flesh aching from its pierced talons that subdued me. I looked around in the quiet sanctuary of the room.

The clock revealed it was 400pm...