[ programming bug ]

i'm not good at writing fluff

but i am good at easily falling for wholesome himbos

(i didn't proofread v well this is a bit rushed and i'm v tired)

edit: i forgot there are labels on the elevators just pretend there aren't just this once B)

-

"When I step onto the West Arcade dance floor, I-- cannot stop myself. It is a programming bug."

It lingers on your mind.

It's become quite familiar to have curious thoughts cross your mind at the early, dull hour of 2am, albeit despite the persistent mental and physical fatigue that follows night shifts.

You happened to get acquainted with Freddy after having to perform a manual checkup on the animatronic crew- a sudden request given to you on your first shift that, unsurprisingly, was not included in your paycheck.

His amiable disposition outside of his performance hours surprised you, but it was one you were grateful for. He had even been so kind as to occasionally accompany you through the monotonous hours of the night- all you have to do is make sure a recharge station is nearby at the end of each hour, as he said. You thought it would have been better to keep him in his room and let him rest properly, but you weren't complaining about his keeping you company.

The first time you suggested to make a trip to the West Arcade with him, he had been hesitant to join you. When he explained his reasoning, you- while struggling to stifle your amusement- acquiesced and ventured alone.

It has been a while since that day, but the idea still passes through your head every now and then. Gnawing at your patience.

"What is on your mind, superstar?"

You blink in surprise and shift your gaze upwards towards the large metal bear standing in front of you. You were so caught up in your own mind, you hadn't been alerted by the distant clunking approaching the main stage where you were sitting.

"You have been sitting here for quite a while," he states calmly, but you can hear the curiosity in his voice.

"Were you watching me?" You ask, playfully tilting your head to the side.

"I.. just happened to see you and wondered what was bothering you." You note his reluctance, and smile to yourself.

"Nothing's bothering me, Freddy, but thank you." That seemed to brighten him up a bit.

"I am relieved."

"So what are you doing out of your room?"

"You seemed like you needed company. I wondered if there was any area you would like to visit today?"

"You're asking me?" You pause, slightly flustered. Normally you're the one asking him.

"It worried me to see you sitting here alone." You somehow suppress the sudden urge to hug him.

He gives you a moment to ponder.

Then it hits you.

"Actually, I do have a place in mind."

You dust yourself off and step off the main stage, looking back to offer him a smile before heading to the elevator.

He catches up to you shortly, and asks, "What was on your mind earlier?"

"I was just... curious about something. Don't worry." The almost mischievous grin on your face only feeds into his interest.

You enter the elevator together, and you push the button when he says, "I completed my recharge cycle beforehand, so I should be able to accompany you for the rest of the hour."