Chapter 1: Aleria

Hot tears flowed down my cheeks and dripped from my chin. I could not open my eyes, nor could I stop my tears from flowing. The familiar heat of flame flickered across my face. Smoke filled my lungs as I struggled to breathe. I tried to open my eyes that were still tightly shut, but to no avail. Tuning in my sharp hearing, I immediately winced from the loud screams and gunshots that could be heard in a distance.

Overwhelming guilt, anxiousness and grief weighed down on my chest, suffocating me further. Tears poured out as I tried to cry, to scream for help but nothing came. My mouth felt like it had been sewn shut.

Suddenly, everything came to a stop. The screams and gunshots disappeared, the smoke dissipated, the heat and crackling of the flames vanished, my tears dried and my feelings lifted, no longer dragging down on my chest. I could open my eyes and mouth but then I did I immediately wished I had not.

(!TRIGGER WARNINGS!: Graphic descriptions of blood and gore/injuries, abusing, torture and violence)

Glaring lights blinded my eyes, making me feel like I was looking through an out of focus camera. An all too familiar voice, which had haunted me for years, rang out loudly, proud and arrogant, "Hello, Alpha," it spoke, mocking my title, feigning respect, "Did you have a good night's sleep?"

A tawny face complexion, messy dirty blonde hair and dark grey- almost black- eyes came into view as I lifted my head to meet the speaker. Facris Fabrren Greyclad, second son of Alpha family, Greyclad, Alpha of Greyclad pack.

His face was contorted into a seemingly permanent sneer as he laughed at me haughtily. He looked down at me, smirking. In his leather-gloved hands, a long silver whip. I narrowed my eyes at the sight of it, shuddering involuntarily. Just one lash from that would be enough to leave me immobile and in excruciating pain for at least three days, especially with my old wounds which have not healed properly yet. With every chemical and substance they inject into my blood, wolfsbane and silver included, my wolf was nearly dead, unable to heal me. The only thing that kept me alive was the thought of my pack and the hope that someday I would get out of here. But that hope was slowly diminishing with every 'beat up session' I got.

I shook out of my thoughts as the first blow landed on my back. The silver seared my skin as a loud 'snap' sound of the whip echoed throughout in the room, bouncing off of the concrete walls. I felt my skin burn away where the whip landed. The urge to scream and the determination to not give them the satisfaction of my pained screams battled, my determination winning but I could not stop a small wince from leaving my lips. I blinked back my tears and bit my tongue to stop a sob from escaping.

The whip rained down on my body relentlessly, reopening old lashes as well as creating new ones. My resolve broke as agony racked my body. Tears streamed down my cheeks, my eyes clenched shut and my mouth opened in a silent scream. My body laid on the floor, curled into a fetus position.

I barely heard the chuckle of gratification leaving the lips of the sadist who stood behind me when the whipping stopped, the snapping sound of the whip meeting my skin still rang in my ears.

Before I could even take my next breath, warmth ghosted across my upper back. Warmth quickly became scorching heat, now hurting my fresh wounds. Searing hot pain burned across my limbs, spreading further across my body. It hurt to the point where I didn't know my insides from my outsides, engulfing every part of my body. This time, I could not hold back my screams when Facris' hand touched my back, which intensified the pain tenfold. The smell of my burning skin drifted by my nose as Facris laughed manically at the sound of my cries, which only grew louder and more ragged as the pain amplified. It kept going for what seemed like eternity. Until everything went black and the pain stopped. The only thing I could hear was my heavy breathing echoing in my ears.