Chapter 2

The next day Y/N came in at the time they usually do, unlocked all the stuff that needed to be unlocked, and went to the front desk area. But there was something left there, for Y/N! It was a homemade thank you card covered in glitter glue with a sun on the front that had a smiley face on it. On the inside was note thanking Y/N for helping out during naptime yesterday.

     Y/N smiled at it, they could tell the work pit into it and made sure to put it into a safe spot, but also somewhere they could remember so he could take it home at the end of the day.  He yawned and stretched tired from practically staying up all night. They realize now that it's going to be tough to adjust to their new hours. Oh well, he thought to himself.

     Y/N decided that later on they would help Sunrise/Moondrop during naptime again. They were honestly pretty curious about them so it'd be a good excuse to get to know them better too.

     Later on, around noon, Y/N left the front security desk and went to go find Sunrise. He found them on the stage, all the kids at the small tables, and Sunrise is teaching them how to make paper crowns. Y/N stands off the side until they finish, then goes up to Sunrise.

     "Hey! I got the card, thank you for making it!" Y/N said smiling.

     "No problemo new friend! Thank you for helping! I really appreciated it!" Sunrise said in their usual cheery tone.

     "Oh of course, I came over here to ask if you would like me to help again?"

     "Yes please! That would be lovely! Todays group is a pretty active bunch so I could use your help seeing if we could get them to nap early?"

     "I think I can help with that!" Y/N nodded and gave them a thumbs up

     Sunrise quickly gasped realizing they forgot something, "OHMYGOSH, new friend I am so sorry! I haven't asked you your name!! My name in Sunshine, what's yours dewdrop?"

     "Oh it's Y/N" He almost stuttered, caught of guard a bit by the nickname. They reached out awkwardly for either a handshake or a hug, Sunrise chose to give them a hug. It was a really nice hug, Sunrise did end up picking up Y/N in it because they were taller than him, but he didn't mind. Sunrise gently put them down and ruffled their hair, making Y/N smile.

     A little while later, Sunrise and Y/N were able to tire the kids out and get them all to nap early. About 30 minutes early so the two of them just sit down near by and play go fish.

     Eventually the lights turn off, and Moondrop shifts out. They put the cards down and stared at Y/N. After a few moments of akward silence Y/N spoke quietly, "Everybody's already asleep so you don't need to worry." They paused for a bit," Wanna play some card games??"

     Moondrop put the cards down, "No thank you. And not everyone's asleep. "

     "Oh really? Who are you talking about?" Y/N turned and looked at the kids but they all were asleep. Moondrop gently put their hand on Y/N's face and moved his head to look at them.

     "You aren't." They said while softly stroking Y/N's cheek, not moving their hand from his face.

    "Oh, but I'm supposed working, I- I can't sleep on the job-!"

     "Mm, don't care. You look like you really need sleep and you're supposed to get a break aren't you? Well, either way you look like you need one so you're getting one." Moondrop grabs a pillow from and puts it on their lap then moves Y/N to where their head is on the pillow and their laying down. Moondrop starts to play with Y/N's hair, which he finds really relaxing. It doesn't them with trying to stay awake, but their sleepiness catches up with them eventually and he passes out.