-'02

CHAPTER TWO
ପଓ
A mesmerizing sight

•••

He sat at his desk and breathed out. He almost didn't make it.

He had chosen a desk at the very back, seeming as it was the only one available because he had been late. They were suppose to sit in pairs— but he was alone.

He didn't care though, he still had trouble befriending some of his classmates. He dedicated to watch outside the window.

"Good morning class!" squeaked his charms professor, Flitwick, "Today we are going to learn the basics of-"

The door banged open, "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry!"

A redhead girl said. He recognized her from some of his classes, but they had never talked to each other in school before.

"Miss Potter!" Flitwick looked at her reproachably, "the bell rang 5 minutes ago."

"I know, I know, you can't imagine in how many classrooms I crashed in by accident." The girl said looking down to her feet, "I got lost."

Professor Flitwick sighed, "Come on in, please don't let it happen again." The girl started to go to her usual seat, to see someone else in it.

Professor Flitwick started to look around the room until he caught Lysander all by himself, "Ah, Miss Potter, why don't you join Mr Scamander over there."

At the sound of his name, Lysander turned around. Her ginger hair was kind of messy, and she had it in a half-ponie tail to the side. Strikes of sun coming from outside shined through her hair and face, making her freckles stand out. Her eyes—Merlin her eyes—a pair of bright hazel eyes were looking at him with intrigue. He blushed and looked away.

The girl sat next to him, and the lesson went on.

When he turned slightly towards her, he caught her still staring at him. She smiled at him and turned back to the front of the classroom.

•••

He felt kind of dizzy.

He refused to look up. He didn't want to look up. He tried to look at anything, but her.

No she can't be...

He thought he heard a whisper of his name, so he glanced slightly to his side.

"Lysander" It was Jane, "You okay? You kind of drifted of..."

He couldn't bring himself to say a word, so he nodded and gave her a small smile.

"You finally made it" Horton grinned at the girl.

"I'm sorry for the time," the girl rolled her eyes, but still smiled, "the service to visitors was rubbish, and a guy made me drop all my stuff!"

Horton chuckled, and Lysander felt himself go red.

"David," Horton turned to Quint, "This is Charlie Weasley's niece, Hagrid's amazing student, and my extra hand in the reserve."

Quint extended a hand to her, not a trace of joy to see her in his face, "Pleasure to have you here, Miss..?"

"Lily" she said while shaking his hand, "Lily Potter."

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT

Lysander thought, still refusing to look at her.

Quint raised his eyebrows and opened his mouth slightly, turning to Horton.