Bestfriends

I and Lily started doing almost everything together which surprised me at first but hey she isn't as bad as I thought.

We were hurrying to the library one day, when one girl stopped us.

"Are you both best friends?"

That was a dumb question but then I was confused, I didn't really know if we were. So, I just kept quiet and kept staring at Lily for an answer.

"Yes, we are" she nodded, not shifting her gaze from me.

"Wow, that's really..."

I pulled Lily away before she could complete her statement.

"Where are we going?" she said, trying to keep up with my pace.

"I'm sorry" I stopped walking "... I didn't know we were supposed to be bestfriends"

"I wasn't bothered actually. And you say a lot!"

"Silly me! Thanks anyway"

"She rolled her eyes "that wasn't really necessary"

"Whatever"

XXX

I was going to the garden again to think of happy things this time when I heard a voice from a bit far. It sounded like Xavier.

"Hey" I said nervously, standing behind him.

"Hi" his voice was cracky.

I sat beside him on the grass "what's wrong?"

"Nothing actually"

I don't know why but I've never felt as comfortable as this before, the wind was cooler and different. I rested my head on his shoulder. That was a reflex action. He gave me a peck on my forehead and that shocked me, I rose my head up to look at him. He smiled with a shrug.

I rolled the book in my hand and hit him on the head with it, giggling.

"What was that?"

"I don't know. I just really like you, Alexis"

"Here we go again" I face-palmed.

He took my hand in his and squeezed them slightly "please"

"Xavier, look... fine, I like you too but I'm not ready for that, honestly. We could be friends"

"Just friends?"

"What else do you want, niggur?"

"Maybe bestfriends" he gave a shrug.

"Okay" I extended my hand for a shake but he spread his arms out for a hug instead.

"Is that necessary?" I shook my head.

He nodded, arms still stretched out.

I gave in, sinking into his arms, I've never hugged anyone so tight as now and the last time I hugged anyone was few weeks ago. JAYDEN!!! Urghh!

I pulled away, almost immediately.

"So, Bestie... let's go to class together"

He took my hand in his and led me out.