prologue

25th december
seoul, namdaemun
00:26 a.m

-

y/n's pov:

"hey y/n, are you going to eat?" iseul asked. I didn't answer as i was busy admiring the christmas lights.

she poked my cheek, trying to get my attention. i looked at her and then realised my food has arrived.

"oh, I didn't realise my food came. sorry, the lights are so pretty." i stated, smiling sheepishly. iseul and kia just chuckled and continued eating. i picked my utensils and started eating.

i told myself a few days ago that I'll just spend christmas at home like how i used to my whole life. somehow, i found myself here eating late dinner with my two friends.

the whole place was blasting with so much noise. children's laughter after parents letting them sleep later than usual, families talking catching up after not meeting each other for a long time, teenagers having fun, screaming while feeling scared thinking their parents might have found out they sneaked out.

i don't mind noise really, I don't mind being in a crowd. it's just that i like to be alone. being with others is still fun though.

i quickly finished eating and suggested to iseul and kia whether we should eat supper here or at the night markets.

"what kind of question is that, y/n? night markets obviously!" stated kia, playfully rolling her eyes. i laughed.

"oh also, I'll pay yeah? i feel like treating y'all. don't stop me" i said. kia threw me a thumbs up. "but you'll have to pay for my supper aight?"

"fine by me!" iseul exclaimed.

-

"yo kia, you going to pay right? I'm going somewhere, meet you at the middle, the big Christmas tree right there. bye!" i said, grabbing lots of tteokboki and gyeranbbang before rushing to this certain place i always go to when visiting namdaemun.

there was a big shopping mall surrounding the big christmas tree that's placed in the middle. lots of people go there to take pictures. underground artists, rappers and djs go there to perform too.

i finally reached where i wanted to go. it was a small area that's a few floors up and you can see the whole view from here. from here, i realised there are lots of people here than there usually is.
there seem to be a lot of artists performing too.

there was this relaxed backing instrumental playing and it sounds so.. refreshing? soothing? I don't know how to explain it. it just sounds so familiar. it's as if I've heard this music before...

i looked at the sky.

the moon is so pretty today...
it's shining so bright.

i looked at the crowd, looking at each strangers' faces. everyone seems to be having fun. that's great.

i took out the styrofoam box and used the stick to pick out the tteokboki. i took a bite.

ah, so nice. so delicious. mhm.

my eyes scanned around each faces in the crowd and think of what kind person they are. it's a habit of mine. usually if i think they're a rude person, it turns to out to be true.

i saw iseul and kia laughing and taking pictures. they're so pretty.

i scanned the crowd again, thinking and thinking till my eyes fall to a group of seven guys just chilling and also yelling at each other.

i laughed at how they were teasing each other. i squinted my eyes to see them even more clearer. i see a guy in all black. he's really handsome.

they're all handsome not going to lie, they must be kpop idols.

my eyes carefully look at them one by one till i reach the last guy. i stopped squinting.

it's always been like this since young. I've always been able to sense someone's energy... an aura they radiate. for example, some gives off a strong aura and they usually are people who are in control of their lives and they are optimistic. it's like kia. one bad thing about sensing aura is when i get to them really well, I don't sense the aura and energy they radiate. I don't know if this makes sense.

this last guy's aura was off. not in a creepy or bad way. there's something really different about him. he looks...

he looks so lonely... so so lonely.

can you feel lonely in a crowd?

I'm really not exaggerating it. he's smiling, laughing but i can feel it deep inside, there's something bothering him.

but he's not faking it, not faking to his friends that he's okay. they know that he's not okay.

....why? he's so.... what's that word again? starting with m...

ah yes, mono.

he's so mono.

I'm confused.

ah maybe I'm analysing too much. i shouldn't be relying on the energy they radiate too much. sometimes, it's not true and completely unexpected.

i quickly finished my food and went down to join iseul and kia.

where are they?

the crowd is too big. I can't seem to find them anywhere. last i check they were at the Christmas trees but when i went there from a shortcut, they weren't there.

i frantically look for them, trying to find them before i get super overwhelmed from being in a crowd alone.

i was sweating a lot too. it's a lot till a sweat went into my eye. it hurts. vision was a little blurry.

I couldn't see clearly. i stopped in the middle trying to wipe my eyes.

"are you okay? do you need a tissue? you seem anxious." a deep voice softly said to me. he placed a packet of tissues in my hand and i quickly took it to wipe my eyes and sweat. i let out a relived.

"thank you! i needed it a lot!" i said, not even seeing his face.

he chuckled, "you're welcome. do you need water?" he asked.

i finally took a look at his face and realised it's the lonely person that was giving that strange energy.

"oh? oh god, am i too obvious? you must be a fan since you're so shocked." he stated, a little bit disappointed. "please don't tell anyone."

i was confused.. he did look familiar though. "oh, I don't know who you are?" i stated.

i feel like getting away from him. his energy is coming out strong.

"oh.. well that's great i guess." he said. "you're abit taken aback though... is there something wrong?"

"oh no, I'm just abit overwhelmed. I'm sorry." i replied and he shook his head. he handed me a bottle of water and i hesitantly took it. "thank you.. sorry, I'm gonna go now. have a great christmas!"

i quickly rushed off.

i finally realised who he was. that's RM from BTS. that energy he gave off.... it's really weird coming from him. it's not that i do know him as a fan of his or personally as a friend of his.

i just assumed he's a kind and knowledgeable person from what i know in the news and his achievements.

to get that kind of energy from him...
there's a persona he's hiding from his fans.

weird.
a mono famous person.

-

i hope you did enjoy my prologue for this story. please do vote if you'd like to!
have a great day bbs. stay safe!

love,
mai <3

(*^3^)/~♡