Prologue

Confused. That is the first emotion I feel as I look at my surroundings.

Why am I on the floor? I think. Probably another nightmare.

Yeah, that would make sense since my throat is burning. I must have been screaming for hours, but like always, no one is there to listen and comfort me.

It is truly me against the world.

Oh well. I think. At least this way I won't be disappointed by others, only myself.

Get up, Crystal.

Tidy your bed, Crystal.

Brush your teeth, Crystal.

Get undress and have a shower, Crystal.

Those are just some of the commands I order myself to do so I can start my day. Commands are good. They keep you organised. They force you to think rationally and analyse the best root to get things done. Which is helpful when you have no one around to look for the flaws in your actions, plans and ideas for you.

I got off the blue carpeted floor and picked up my blue and white chequered duvet and place it upon my king sized water bed. After tidying my bed, making it neat and tidy, I went to my bathroom in my en suite and brushed my pearl white teeth with my blue and white chequered tooth brush.

I had it specially designed by some fancy designer my father was friends with at the time. He decided that since he wouldn't be able to come home for my birthday, not because of work but because he plainly didn't want to come, he could make up for it by buying me a hundred of specially designed toothbrushes. I loved the gift but not the reason  behind it. The fact that he actually took the time to think about what kind of gift I would like, the colours, designs, everything, warmed my heart. Until, I found out that the idea of my gift was not by him, but my his newest girlfriend of the time that I only met once. Even though she had only met me once, she knew that I would love that gift because I had a weird fetish for teeth and anything that surrounded them and that I loved the colours blue and white, especially when they were involved in a chequered pattern. While as by father, that has known me all my life could hardly remember my birthday, yet a lone my favourite colour, pattern or dreams.

Once I had brushed my teeth, I got undressed out of my snow white and ocean blue chequered onezie and took my blond -almost white -hair out of its messy bun and got into the shower. Swiftly, I covered my pale white hands in shampoo and rubbed it in my blond hair, making it foamy. Tangling my hands in my wet shampooed hair helped untangle and free it from knots. I washed my hair with warm water and let it roam my hair, making it lose its foamy form.

Thrilled to finally free my skin of the sweat and grime that sleeping in my dead skin cells and tossing around in bed triggered by my nightmare has given me, I lavish myself in foamy soap from head to toe.

Satisfied with my shower, I turn off the water and exit my pearl white shower. Draping my blue and white chequered towel around myself, I cross over to my bedroom to dry myself off. As  walk over across my room, I trip and fall over something hard and edgy. I look down only to find a picture frame framing a picture of my mum, father and I together at the park, all laughing and holding hands.

I smile slightly at the picture. Of how we used to be like until everything crashed and burnt. And I and my family crashed and burnt with it.

Quickly, I pick up the picture and placed it face down on my pale white desk. Leaving the emotions of happiness, longing and regret with the picture, I continue my day.