Chapter 2

"Hello?" Dream yelled. He walked in the darkness, confused on where he was. While walking, he saw a white figure. "Hello?" Dream exclaimed again, walking faster through the dark. "Welcome." The figure stated, turning to Dream. He realized that this was DreamXD. He was surprised to see that DreamXD looked exactly like him. "What?" Dream said, backing up a bit. "You've died. Well, your physical body did." DreamXD stated, chuckling. "My physical body? Do I have a mental body?" Dream asked, fascinated about life's secrets. "You always ask too many questions." DreamXD stated, stepping towards Dream, who stumbled a bit. "Sorry." Dream stated nervously. He couldn't really believe that he was dead. He didn't remember how he died, he just knows that he did.

"How'd I die?"

"There it goes, another question."

"Sorry."

Dream awkwardly stared at the empty darkness. "What is this place?" He asked, looking around. 

"It's LIMBO. Your LIMBO." DreamXD responded. Dream turned back to them, a confused expression on his face. "This is my LIMBO?" He asked. "Confusing, isn't it?" DreamXD replied. Dream felt an intense anger, confusion and fear. But he realized what was making him so anxious when he first came here. 

"Where's the revival book? Who has it?!" Dream shouted, his anger giving out. XD glared at Dream, making him back away. 

"Sam has it." DreamXD stated. That sentence made Dream audibly gasp. "He does?! He can't have it! I need it back!" Dream exclaimed, looking around the darkness. "You're dead, Dream." The god stated. Dream tried to walk back through the darkness, but his fear was too strong. He looked at DreamXD, who illuminated the area around them. 

"C-Can't you revive me?" Dream stated, sounding desperate. They hesitated, making Dream worry. "That'd be unfair." DreamXD finally said. Dream tried to think of another way. "Can't we make another deal?" He ushered, a worried smile on his face. DreamXD stared at Dream. Though they didn't have a face, Dream knew they were disappointed. "You are dead. Accept it." They stated, anger in their voice. Dream stayed silent, not knowing what DreamXD would do if he pushed them further. 

He closed his eyes, trying to think about what to do next. He could.. attack DreamXD? It couldn't hurt to try? No. It would hurt. A lot. Dream turned around, and opened his eyes. "Okay, could you give me just one more chance?" Dream asked, but the god was already gone. 

"Wait, DreamXD?" Dream exclaimed, confused on where they went.

 Dream looked around himself, still surrounded by darkness. "DreamXD, come back!" He yelled, trudging through the dark space. He could feel his heart sink, knowing that he would be trapped here for months, years, maybe even forever. "DREAMXD!" Dream yelled, desperately trying to get back in contact with the god. He started walking faster, trying to find any exit.

 "THESE JOKES AREN'T FUNNY!" Dream shouted, breathing heavily as he started to run through the dark. At this point, he knew that no one was going to save him. They can't save him, even if they wanted to. "N-No no no, this can't be real." Dream stated. "Th-This has to be a dream. A-A lucid dream!"