3. In some corner

"Give him the canvas and this letter of mine, will you, please?"

The first fall of snow witnessed her walking away in a pair of red boots with only footprints to be left behind in the past.

Where one lover learnt to love the void left in one's heart, another stepped down his shining car, his shades barring the world from his sight.

"Sir," the staff said, bowing in humility. "The girl left you a Christmas present."

The red ribbons fell off, the wrapping slowly wearing down the the blanket on his eyes with it. The package finally landed on the snow-covered ground accompanied by a rare drop of understanding--a tear.

It was his sketch along with a piece of beautiful folded note that read:

"I knew I wouldn't be the one to end up with you like a million others. However, I did learn to live. Thank you for dragging me out of the worst of times and giving me the chance to love the person I have become. I, therefore, leave this note in the hopes of you knowing and remembering in your worst times that there is at least one person who loves you like no other."

The most heartbreaking smile crept on his face.

"A person that wants to become like you. And the more I do, the more I smile. Happy holidays."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Hey all!

So, this was quite unexpected and unpanned even. But just thought to share it here anyway.

This is very personal of a thought for me, since this is part of what I feel for someone.

And it's both beautiful and painful. But knowing they'll be happy keeps you smiling anyways!

Happy holidays all!