Chains Of The Lux

Author:     bitethetouge 

Status: Outgoing 

Chapters :

Sequal: No 

18+/ Mature Warning :   Yes 

Estimated Time To Read :  20m

Rating :   9/10 

Summary:   "We're at war," he smirked, fiddling with the marble of black ice. "Well, not just us. Everyone. Everything, even. And from what I saw today, you'll fold before I can finish explaining what we're up against."

Leon clasped his hands behind his back to keep them from melting the blue-haired boy's eyes right out of their sockets. "What you see in one day doesn't tell you everything about me.""Ah, then why are you hiding those baby-soft hands?" The boy didn't bother disguising how much he was savouring Leon's aggravation, smirk stretching into a grin. "Worried they can't handle a little blood?"~~~Leon doesn't know why his mother wears a noose-like chain, or why she can't take it off. Any questions he asks about her origin, his ability or father deflect off the tight lock of his mother's lips. What he doesn't ask himself, however, is if he would even like the answers she keeps from him.When he sees two helpless siblings being terrorized, Leon ends up killing the creature behind the assault - realizing too late that there were several witnesses to the murder. Only when his mother is abducted by a mystifying beast does he understand the havoc he's wreaked.Left alone with the siblings, Barnaby and Bur, Leon is torn between going after his mother and helping the siblings elude the peril he's put them in. However, as the brother and sister explain the reality beyond Leon's sheltered life, it becomes clear the two objectives are very much intertwined.With countless enemies bearing down upon the trio, vying for their execution, Leon is pulled deeper and deeper into a cruel and ancient world - a world, he discovers, his mother risked her life to escape.