The watch found

Matthew was walking home from school when he caught sight of something glistening in the grass. Reaching down, he picked up the object and got a closer look. And when he realized what it was, he was shocked...

"Mom! Mom! I found it!" Said Matt as he ran into the house, into the kitchen where his mom was making dinner. "I found the watch that was stolen!"

"Wait, Matt, calm down- Wait, what?!" Said his mother in disbelief, her jaw-dropping as she turned to her son. "You mean the pocket watch that was stolen from the famous hypnotist?! Let me see!"

With excitement in his eyes, Matt handed the watch off to his mother. "Didn't they say the hypnotist was offering a $10,000 reward to anyone who retrieved it?! It must be important to him. Mom?"

Matt's mom wasn't paying any attention to her son at the moment. She held the watch in her hand, dangling it down between her own eyes. The blonde's blue eyes were crossed to look at it and her mouth was hanging wide. "Soooo.. pr..pretty...."

Wait, could she? Could his mom be hypnotized by the watch that quick? Matt was astonished! "Hey mom, that watch is really pretty, isn't it? It's so pretty you'd do anything I say... right?" He asked, hoping, praying she would say yes.

"..." At first, there was no response. Drool slowly began to hang off of his mom's lip as it eventually dripped to the kitchen floor. "Yes, Matt... I'll do anything you say for the pretty watch...."

The boy could hardly contain his excitement. This was every kid's dream! His mother is under his control! He had so many ideas come to mind. "Good, mom... Now you're going to do everything I say from now on, even when you aren't hypnotized. Matt knows best." He said, smirking with his arms crossed. He always wanted to say that, since his mom's favorite saying was, 'mother knows best' whenever he wasn't listening.

"Matt... knows best...." The mesmerized mom repeated, her eyes watering a bit from not blinking. She was so focused on the watch she didn't even remember to blink. And, her freshly pedicured toes had drool dripping down onto them, yet she didn't even notice.

"Exactly. Now, you're gonna wake up when I tell you to, and you're gonna decide that you don't want to return the watch, you want to keep it, so I can hypnotize you with it! And you'll be completely fine with me hypnotizing whoever I want, got it?" He instructed, before waiting to hear his mother agree. "Very good. Now wake up on the count of three, and finish dinner, and after we eat, I'll use the special word on you. The special word is..." Matt thought for a moment, trying to figure out a good word he could use only when he wanted to put his mother back into trance. "It's a sentence. 'Matt knows best'. Whenever I say that you're hypnotized again. Now.. 1... 2... 3... Wake up!"

All of a sudden, it felt like the whole world returned to Matt's mom. She blinked, wiped the drool from her face, and gave the watch back to him. "Matt, you know what? Let's keep the watch!" She said, excitedly. "You can hypnotize me whenever you'd like to. Just make sure you keep it a secret. If the police find out we have it, we would be in big trouble. I'm gonna finish dinner, I'll let you know when it's finished." His mother patted him on the shoulder, giving him a loving grin before she returned to cooking their meal.

Matt went to the living room, delighted by what he has just done to his or her mom. This was the best day ever! Now he spotted his sister sitting on the couch, kicking her feet and watching cartoons. "Hey, Kelsey! Wanna see something cool?" He smirked and sat next to her.

"Yes, please!" Kelsay replied, pressing pause on the remote and looking up at her brother. "What is it?" She asked excitedly.

"Let me show you!" Said Matt as he began swinging the watch before his sister's eager eyes. "Isn't it so pretty and cool?"