𝐈.

─────── ───────

I.

─────── ───────

September 16th, 2014

Strangers are the best people.

You can find a stranger anywhere, maybe at the nearest grocer, or on the train, or possibly in the least predictable way ever, and maybe in the most predictable way.

You never know them because they are a stranger, a mystery. A stranger is someone you've never been accustomed with, someone who you've never had the chance to meet yet.

"Today is not going to be a good day." The dark brunette fell into the chair next to the young girl, heaving labored breaths.

She brushed away some of her own sandy hair, furrowing her brow at the boy, "what?"

"I just have a feeling" he patted down rain droplets from his overcoat as he settled in,

"a feeling?" she doubted,

"yes" he affirmed, "a feeling. I woke up this morning and thought, 'today might not be a good day."

"Might not be a good day?" she annunciated,

"Mhm."

"So, when you woke up, it was 'Today might not be a good day' now, as you come into class, its 'Today is not going to be a good day?" she questioned, which made the boy rethink.

"I—suppose so..."

"You were nearly late" The girl mumbled, straying away from the subject, "Maybe that's why today wouldn't be a good day."

"how'd you know I was taking this course?" he asked, almost accusingly.

"Why else would you be here?" She refuted, shooting down his critics with ease, "You obviously were in a rush, correct? Plus I've seen you here before."

He opened and closed his mouth multiple times before leaning back in his chair, blushing at the fact this girl had even noticed him before, "what's your name?"

"I don't see that as relevant at the moment." She flipped the page of the book she had been reading long before the boy had even drifted into her mind.

He leaned down on the table, taking a peek of the novel, "Gone with the wind?"

"It appears so" The girl continues to read, not paying too much attention to him. Even from the few sentences they spoke to each other, she already knew how much he craved and desired raw attention.

"Well then I must call you Scarlett" he said smugly, readjusting his beanie.

"Scarlett?"

"Scarlett O'Hara is the main character in 'Gone with the wind' am I correct?"

"correct." She squints, trying to decide if she found this annoying or charming. But before the girl could even think, their professor had started talking, and she had respectfully turned in her seat, instantly listening.

"You do look like a Scarlett after all" the boy observed, completely ignoring the lecture as a whole, "Or perhaps a Stacy? —Margaret? No that sounds like one of my mum's friends..."

"Lorelai" she turned, "Lorelai Clément is my name, now will you leave me alone?"

"Lorelai" The boy nodded, a smirk playing his face, "I guess that suits you well"