𝐈𝐕.

─────── ───────

IV.

─────── ───────

December 3rd, 2014

(9K words so prepare to read...)

"He's getting married!" Val stressed, "The man is getting married!

"Charlie?" Lorelai looked rather confused as she walked into the shared town house, "engaged?"

Darcy silently nodded, blankly answering the younger sister, "First marriage of the siblings, how exciting."

"When?"

"Late April!" Val worried, "He's engaged, and getting married in April! I've never even met the woman! Apparently, he loves her enough to marry her! He's mental!"

If you couldn't tell enough, Val was noncommittal.

Anyone could tell from how she reacted to anyone getting in a serious relationship, or how when she came home from some random guys flat after hooking up, the oldest sister would just automatically assume she'd never see the man again. It was just how her mind worked.

So, it wasn't a surprise she was reacting like this.

And with that troubling enough, Charlie and Val were rather close, it was like how Lorelai and Parker were. Val was only older than him by 18 months, and they had spent the better part of their childhood as the two eldest siblings in the house.

Charlie had left soon after the divorce, being the oldest son, he had 'duties to tend to' (according to their father). Which had put the slightest strain on Val's relationship since then, but they still talked just as much as the other siblings, its just—things were different. And no one hated change more than Valerie Clément.

"So, are we...?" Lorelai was too scared to finish her question,

"Going to Canada?" Darcy finished, "yep."

"Oh." Lorelai gulped, now it was time for her to worry.

She knew that she'd have to do this eventually. She knew that 4 years ago when her parents had divorced that Lorelai would have to face her father, and not want to beat the living sh*t out of him.

"Things are gonna be fine" she assured to herself, keeping the thoughts inside of her head, "Everything will be fine."

─────── ➴ ───────

"What're you doing for the holidays?" Wil asked as they walked out of their last day of classes before winter break, the leaves that scattered the brick paths were withered away, and grey clouds overhung the teens. The below freezing weather was enough to make them walk slightly faster to Wilbur's car, if it were to rain, it would be snowing. (Which to be fair, did sound quite entertaining.)

"Probably just going to hang out with Val and Darcy," She walked into the passenger side, "My Mum is staying in France with Simon, Theo, and Marceline. And we're not going to Canada until the spring for Charlie's wedding—" She hesitated, already starting to overthink, "So I guess we have nowhere else to go."

Wil nodded, noticing how much she felt intimidated by even the mention of her Canada visit that was planned in a mere few months away. Of course, he was dreading it as well, she was to be gone for almost an entire month, and he was to be left alone.