𝐗.

─────── ───────

X.

─────── ───────

2022

Act I.

"Marvelous view..." Wilbur rambled ever so slightly, the sun shining perfectly off the bridge as the group leisurely strolled.

"Why is it so high up..." Vee peered over the edge, if Tommy wasn't equally as possessed by his fear of heights he would be pretending to push her off, "It's so scary."

"This water looks diseased." Ranboo made a disgusted expression.

"I'll give you 100 bucks to drink a glass of it." Ollie offered, smirking wildly, and Ranboo gagged in response.

"I think it's pretty." Wilbur stated, leaning against the rail, Tubbo shrugged plainly in response,

"I've lived here my entire life, it's just—a bridge."

"A bridge can tell a million stories, dear Toby." Wilbur sighed blissfully, reaching out to ruffle his hair playfully.

─────── ───────

Years had passed, and Wilbur met other people, and had many joyous days, along with some desperate ones. Over time, he met one peculiar teen boy who reminded him of Wilbur's younger self. He watched as the boy he thought of as a brother fall in love with a girl. He watched and articulated how they clicked instantly, and Wilbur grew to love and protect the girl like a little sister.

Even when he felt a pang of sorrow in his heart when he saw the two seventeen-year old's parallel to how he once felt, He could tell that Tommy would do anything for this girl, anyone could tell from miles away.

The girl had fueled Tommy with passion and fire that made both of them live for each other. Wilbur could see it in both of their senses, how they both were what anyone would want.

And so Wilbur enjoyed the couple together, and he craved that same effect. But as time grew he even became worried for them. Lorelai and Wilbur had moved too fast, which worried him as he watched the young couples he happened to be friends with.

"Kalopsia."

"Pardon?" Wilbur quirked an eyebrow at the young girl, nearly forgetting that she was even there.

Ollie sighed dismissively before continuing, "Kalopsia, a condition wherein things appear more beautiful than they really are."

"Oh." He said, his breath taken away momentarily, "...seems a little accurate."

"Doesn't mean that years later you can't have another chance," she smirked cheekily, "plus, it'd be hilarious if you started dating my kidnapper's older sister again."

He shook his head, "No. Absolutely not."

"Why not!" She complained, "It'd be some major character development."

"We were thoughtless then; we were 17 and stupid. We're done." He blanked, "it's not happening."

Ollie refuted this instantly, "Okay first of all, Tommy and I are slightly older than that and we've made it so far, and I wouldn't disagree that we're plain stupid, but still—now you've both matured—you can always try."

"it's been years Ollie." He sighed, holding his head in his callused hands, "You were bloody 11 when it happened, you were barely in secondary school."