8

•♧•♤•♢•♡•♡•♢•♤•♧•

•♧•♤•♢•♡•♡•♢•♤•♧•

Nesta had realised two things.

First. She had grown to like Kaz Brekker. And not platonically.

Over the years she had always felt something dragging her closer to him, but she hadn't known what. Now she did.

Second. She had to leave Ketterdam.

She knew that nothing would be achieved by staying in Ketterdam. It would just pain her to stay there with Kaz. The mostly emotionless young man with anger issues and a fierce hatred towards Pekka Rollins.

Once she had realised the true extent of her feelings, being around Kaz had become extremely hard. The urge to in some way touch him had become so much stronger. The wanting to known him, the real him, was almost unbearable.

But she knew that nothing would ever happen. And so she had decided that her departure from Ketterdam would bring the least pain to her.

Nesta was standing at the docks of Fifth Harbour, in her hands was the jewellery box stolen from Barlowe's house. She was waiting to meet the Kaelish Captain, but her price in exchange for the box wouldn't only be the 20 000 kruge, but something more.

Her eye was fixated on a large ship in front of her, waiting for the Captain to emerge.

In the dim light of the sunset, her eyes almost looked to be the same colour. The green of her left looked almost the same as it had years ago, almost the same blue as was her right eye. Both of her eyes matched the dark waves in the sunset. Her usually light eyes were now looking closer to Kaz's brown eyes.

Finally she saw a large man with a long beard and a bun on his head emerge from the ship. The man was wearing a woolly jumper, very high suspenders and rubber boots. Nesta might have been scared of the large Captain if she didn't know how to defend herself.

"The jewellery box from the daughter of Barlowe's room," she presented the box to him.

"How'd you get it?"

His accent was very strong and rough, but Nesta had had practice with much worse. Her and her mother's neighbour in the Southern Colonies had been a rather old Kaelish woman with the strongest accent she had ever heard. The woman was very sweet, but for a little Nesta it had been very hard to understand her. But eventually she learntto understand the accent.