《Chapter 4》

Xiao Zhan's POV

"Xiao Zhan, do you want to stay for dinner?" Lily turned her head around the corner as I looked at Wang Yibo, waiting if he would agree.

"Zhan ge ge stay for dinner!" Suo'er made big puppy eyes, hugging me as I laughed with a nod, giving in.

"I hope you don't mind, Bo di?" He shook his head with a big grin, and I knew the longer I would stare at him, the deeper I would fall into that abyss of love.

"How late do you close here?" I ruffled through Suo'er's hair, who turned to his paper to colour a drawing, and I smiled.

"In about an hour," Lily replied.

Wang Yibo sat down opposite of me again, folding his hands, "Zhan, so you work as a dispatcher at the 911 call centre?" I nodded.

"Yes, I work four days a week, and the other three days I am given to rest. I love the work, although I wish to broaden my view towards the world, I do get to spend the time at work with my friends, so it's basically a win-win."

"Do you work long hours?" I pondered about the question a second or two.

"Yes, I think I do, but then I also have the other three days totally free, so it's a bit of the perspective you look from, I guess?"

"And what about your family or girl-boyfriend?" I choked on my saliva as coughed, shaking my head.

"Zhan ge ge, don't die!" Yibo shushed Suo'er, who pouted, patting my back with his tiny hands.

"I don't have a boy or girlfriend, Bo di, and my family live in Chongqing. I came here to pursue a career in singing/desinging and ended up as a 911 dispatcher, but the job does give me much more free time, so you don't hear me complain." I grinned as Suo'er leaned against me.

A blush appeared on Wang Yibo's cheeks as he averted his eyes from me.

"Look! This is daddy, this is Zhan ge ge, and this is Suo'er!" Suo'er pushed his drawing in front of my nose.

The drawing showed two tall figures next to each other with a little kid in between.

Wang Yibo frowned, "Suo'er, why am I shorter than your Zhan ge ge?" Suo'er grinned mischievously.

"Because daddy is short!" I hid a grin behind his hand as Wang Yibo glared at me with a pout.

"Suo'er, you're bullying me~" Wang Yibo whined.

"But Zhan ge ge is taller than daddy!" Suo'er insisted, pouting.

"Zhan ge, Suo'er bullies me." Wang Yibo pouted too, and I burst out in a peal of laughter.

"Who's the kid here now?"

"DADDY!"

"SUO'ER!"

We all fell into a peal of laughter as I pinched Suo'er's chubby cheeks.

"Awhh, are they a family?" I looked up, noticing the couple who had just entered the shop talking to Lily.

Lily only smiled politely, giving a wink.

"They're so cute~" the woman glanced our way as Wang Yibo continued to play with Suo'er's fingers.

"Hi, I hope I am not disturbing you all, my name is Mian Mian, and I am a photographer." The woman who just stood at the counter suddenly appeared at our table, bowing.

I was about to introduce myself when a voice interrupted me.

"I am Suo'er!" Suo'er pointed at himself.

"That is Suo'er's daddy!" Suo'er continued to point at Wang Yibo.

"And this is Suo'er's favourite ge ge!" I wasn't ready for Suo'er jumping in my arms, but I managed to catch that little gremlin just on time as my heart recovered from the shock.

"Suo'er!" Yibo said, but Suo'er ignored his daddy, nuzzling his nose into my neck.

"You're a really cute family; could I perhaps make an appointment with the three of you to make a shooting somewhere this week?" I looked at Wang Yibo, whose eyes widened.

"Actually, w-we aren't a- uhhh- family?" Wang Yibo stuttered as I bit back a laugh.

"Daddy, we are a family; you said that family loves each other, and Suo'er loves Zhan ge ge!" Mian Mian giggled at the cute scene as Suo'er hugged me tighter.

Wang Yibo buried his face into his hands; his ears were red.

"We aren't a family yet, but if Bo di would want to go on a date with me?" I made puppy eyes, biting my lower lip, scared for the rejection.

Wang Yibo looked up, confusion in his eyes, "you, you really want to go on a date with me?" I nodded eagerly.

"YES! WANG YIBO WANTS TO GO ON A DATE WITH YOU; HE ESPECIALLY LIKES FOOD!" Lily shouted from the kitchen, and Mian Mian burst out in a giggle.

"Lily~" Wang Yibo whined.

"Is that a yes, Bo di?" Wang Yibo fiddled with his fingers before looking at me, nodding shyly.

My heart was going to burst of cuteness at this very moment!

The awkwardness got broken by Suo'er, who clapped loudly, "so, is Zhan ge ge now Suo'er's ba ba*?" A muffled laugh came from Mian Mian, and a laugh came from the kitchen, belonging to Lily.

Wang Yibo tried to shush Suo'er once again, trying to take him over from me, but Suo'er refused, clamping down on to me, whining.

"Suo'er wants Zhan ba ba!"

"I'll just leave my card at the counter; just give me a call if you're interested!" Mian Mian quickly escaped away, giggling.

"Doesn't Suo'er loves daddy anymore?" Yibo put on fake tears as I smiled.

"I am so sorry to burden you like this, Zhan!" I shook my head, patting Suo'er.

"Not a burden at all, Bo di! I am happy I can help!" A tiny smile spread on Wang Yibo's face as he looked at Suo'er and me.

"Bro, you only left a few hours ago, and now you got yourself a hot boyfriend and a cute kid? Our Daytoy is growing up!" A cry from Ji Li got clearly heard as Wang Yibo and I both turned around to stare at the drama queen.

"You know I gotta tell the others this!"

"NO!" I shouted, but Ji Li already flashed his camera.

I was going to kill him.

*Ba ba is Chinese for father/dad

Word count: 1046 words