☾• III •☽

Sitting at one of the large booths inside Takka's Pitstop, Noctis was clearly displeased

Sitting at one of the large booths inside Takka's Pitstop, Noctis was clearly displeased. He sat beside Gladiolus with Prompto, Ignis, and Makina located across the table. He leaned back against the red leather with crossed arms and pursed lips. "This is not what I had in mind..."

Gladiolus smirked at the prince. "Did you really think you could sneak a bite to eat with your girlfriend without us noticing?"

"Something like that..."

Prompto was amused at Noctis' childish behavior. He cackled before glancing down at the menu. He saw the prices were low, but he wasn't sure just how much Makina had. "Do you really have enough for all of us, Makina?"

"Of course I do," she reassured him. "I wouldn't have offered if I didn't. I just can't believe you guys are already broke."

"The repairs were costly, but we must speak with Cindy after our meal. The price is far too steep for a simple tune-up," Ignis stated.

"We'll talk to Cindy after we've eaten," Gladiolus said. "After pushing the car all the way here, we deserve a small break."

Once they ordered, Prompto turned the conversation to Makina. "So, how was inter-dimensional traveling these past couple of months? Did anything interesting happen?"

"Nothing out of the ordinary, but I did come across this one dimension that was beyond words. It was so beautiful and relaxing. It was a paradise." Makina pulled out her phone and showed them the pictures she took. "Take a look for yourselves."

Prompto was the first to grab the phone. He scrolled through the pictures and gasped in awe. There were images of floating islands, cascading waterfalls, and vast fields brimming with flowers. At the center of the dimension was a large tree. "Dude, this is so cool! I wanna visit!"

Ignis was the next to see the pictures followed by Gladiolus and Noctis. They were all impressed and agreed it was a paradise.

"Man, I wish you could take us to other dimensions," Prompto spoke up.

Makina took her phone when Noctis handed it back to her. "It is possible for you all to accompany to another dimension. My dad told me Mom would often take him to other dimensions to get away from all the politics and royal affairs. It was actually because of their frequent traveling they eventually fell in love."

"Your parents were set up for an arranged marriage, right?" Gladiolus asked.

She nodded. "Yeah. Their marriage was arranged when they were very young. Still, the families wanted them to get to know each other. Mom and Dad spent most of their youth together. It was because of their time together they eventually fell in love. In the end, they didn't just marry for political convenience but also love."

Finally, their food arrived. They munched down on their meal and didn't leave any remnants behind. Once they finished eating, Makina paid and they left the diner. While the boys spoke with Cindy, she wandered into the convenience store and browsed the various items they had in stock. She had a decent amount of gil left and figured she could buy some necessities for the group.