෴ Want you back ෴

Billy broke up with you about two weeks ago. He said it was for the best because he'd lost feelings for you. It didn't make any sense to you, you guys were inseparable, always having fun and supporting each other, making each other smile and feel loved. It didn't seem right. It didn't feel right that he would do that. 

You're in a pretty bad state to be honest. Haven't been eating as much and staying in bed most of the time. Not doing so good in school anymore and not hanging with friends. But what you don't know is that it's killing Billy not being with you. He broke up with you because he's trying to better himself. He wants to be as good as he can for you, but every time he tries he goes back to being bad, mean. So he gave up and ended it because he thought he'd just hurt you...

*************

A knock on the door startles me and I groan. I'm the only one home so I have to answer it. I drag myself out of bed and walk to the door. I open it and see Max, the sister of the boy who broke my heart. 

"Hey Max." I fake smile. 

"Hey y/n," she says "Can I come in?" 

"Of course" I say while opening the door wider. She comes in and we sit on the couch. 

"So what's up?" I ask. 

"Not much. I came to check on you. I know now bad Billy messed you up when he dumped you. But I have to tell you something. He-" 

"Max," I interrupt. "Please don't. It hurts to think about him. I don't wanna listen to someone tell me I should go talk to him and make this better or something because I don't think it will get better. He's the only thing that's ever truly loved me and he doesn't even love me anymore." I sigh. "Nothing matters much anymore. And I hate myself for saying that. I have friends, I have lots of things I could do but I don't feel complete without him. I can't function right without him. And it sucks. Really bad. It's like a piece of me is gone and it'll never be found because he doesn't want to be with me anymore." I blink my eyes fast, trying to stop the tears but I fail. 

The tears flow and I can't help but sob. I can literally hear my heart breaking Everytime I think about him, Everytime I talk about him. This isn't helping.

"Y/n." Max says sympatheticly but I interrupt her yet again. "Max I think it's best if you go home. I need to be alone." I say and she sadly nods. I watch as she walks out the door and as soon as the door closes I break down. Nothing has been the same since he broke up with me, nothing has been right. I can't deal with this pain anymore, it hurts too much. 

*********MAX'S POV*************

I walk out of y/n's house and head home. My phone was recording the whole time I was in her house. I had to get proof that she's just as broken as Billy. He doesn't think the breakup affected her that much but this will show him otherwise. They have to get back together. 

I walk in the house and head straight to Billy's room. I open the door and see him laying in his bed watching TV. 

"What do you want?" He demands. 

"I have to show you something." I reply calmly.

I pull out my phone and play the recording. His face crumbles when he hears her words. 

"Now you finally see how much you hurt her. You thought it was for the best to break up with her but Billy, it's destroying her. You have to fix this." 

He simply nods and walks out the room. I hear the front door open and close. I walk to the window and watch him speed off on his car. Finally he's going to make things right. 

****END OF MAX'S POV****NOW BACK TO YOUR POV****

I hear another knock on the door and I wipe my eyes. I sniffle and head to the door. Who could it be now? I open the door and my heart almost stops. It's Billy.

He looks bad, just as bad as I do. He's got a red nose and bloodshot eyes. His hair is messy, which is definitely out of the ordinary, his clothes is just a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. 

"Y/n." He says and I almost break down when his voice cracks. "I need to talk to you." I nod and let him in. He walks to my room and sits on the bed. I do the same, sitting cross legged, facing him. 

"I don't know where to start," he pauses, thinking. "The real reason I broke up with you is because I was trying to be better for you. I started drinking and smoking a little less. I tried to do well in school and I started to actually obey the speed limit. I even tried to get along with my dad just a little more. I wanted to be the best me I could be for you. But it was hard, really really hard. I kept failing and eventually decided that I'm not good enough for you. I felt like it was a waste of time trying to be good when I'm destined to fail. So I gave up." 

His eyes fill with tears and the only thing I want to do is wipe them away. I try to refrain myself from doing it but I can't. I reach up and wipe his eyes, it makes me remember all the times I'd dry his tears when he fought with his dad. He grabs my hand gently and holds it in both of his, like he'll break it if he touches it that much. 

"These last two weeks have been complete hell. And when Max cam home today and played a recording of what you said earlier I-" 

"Wait" I say. "She recorded me?" He nods and I frown slightly. 

"Anyway, she played me the recording and I knew that you feel the same way I feel. I don't wanna keep living life without you. Will you please take me back? I promise I will never hurt you again." He says the last part with a glint of hopefulness in his eyes. 

I think his words over for a brief moment. And realize that he really does love me. "Okay," I say. "I'll take you back." 

He smiles which makes me smile too. He pulls me in and kisses me passionately. When we break apart we lay back on my bed and cuddle. 

"I swear I will never hurt you again." I hear before dozing off. And I feel at ease, at peace, hearing him say that. Finally I feel whole again. Finally I'm complete.