Chapter 10

The last night at Xinyi was to be full of feast and laughter but the unruly place showed it's true colours at the end moment again.

The neverending ruckus.

A big chaos took place in the market summoning Panther and Boar out at the open space for a dual.

Expected to everyone at Lavender and Star Inn, Xiao Zhan was locked inside Yibo's chamber; unallowed to even step outside.

Thankfully with Black.

"Are they going to fight?" Xiao Zhan asked calming his temper down. He hadn't stayed back without throwing a fit. He wanted to go along.

Heavily guarded and strictly monitored, Zhan couldn't differentiate if he was prisoned or protected.

Black, "Most probably."

Fisting his hands, Xiao Zhan asked again, "Do they always fight when they come here?"

"Most of the times." Black's answers were only adding fuel to the raging fire.

"How did they know 'they' were here?" Even so, Zhan wasn't done questioning him.

"Words travel. There might be people who sent words saying Panther and Boar have come back. " A good detail.

"Is it still about wanting Bao-ge's room?"

"Maybe not. They have had many many fights in here with various reasons." Grinning Black added, "Once Panther fought a barbarian who wanted to loot him on the way here."

"Have they lost any fights?", 'Say yes' was written all over Xiao Zhan's face. With a simple reason that Yibo hadn't taken him along. And his brother was absolutely okay with it.

Owing to his smile, Black nodded, "He wasn't that good back then. I remember your brother lecturing him again and again yet he'd come back totally bruised. Sometimes too wounded to even move."

Okay, that wasn't what Zhan wanted to hear and it immediately made him sad, "Why didn't they choose other places to meet then?"

"This is the best place." Black finally told him, "This distance for them is equal to travel and this is the only town where you will never be suspected. Where nobody will even imagine you to be."

Xiao Zhan simply smiled.

In his heart he knew, if he were to ever doubt on Yibo going to places he shouldn't be going—Xinyi would be the first one. And as smart as he was, Zhan could so easily tell that anyone at Zhōngyāng—if they cared enough for Yibo, they'd know where exactly was he.

"No wonder a child's hideout can be so predictable." Xiao Zhan blurted.

"What?"

Before they could talk further, a knock on the door stood them both from the cozy sitting place, "Come in."

A man with his whole face covered walked in, reporting, "Black, the kids are missing."

"What?!" Wearing his cloak and hurrying to cover his face, Black looked at Xiao Zhan asking, "You remember the kids who wanted to train? The ones you saw when you followed Yibo around the entire Xinyi?"

"On the second day we came here? Then I do." Zhan wasted no time talking as he himself got dressed up with Yibo's black cloak.

"Yes those kids. We had put them on a carriage yesterday as we're leaving soon too.— They were being deported to North so that your brother can take them in and train them."