Chapter 1

Paul's POV

I was backstage again, right after a show full of screaming fans and music. Girls clung onto me as if I was gonna run off in some other direction without them. But one caught my eye. A young girl with beautiful blue and gray eyes, black hair, and dark skin. She was much shorter than me and looked frightened. I shrugged the girls off and laugh internally as they sighed in disappointment and jealousy as I walked over to the girl.

She looked shy and nervous. Her eyes went wide as they met mine and a subtle pink blush brushed over her cheeks and nose. She looked down and played with her hands. I placed my fingers under her chin and forced her to look up at me.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing all alone back here?" I asked. She fumbled with her words.

"I- I don't know." She answered quietly. She kept glancing behind her as if she was looking for someone. Or trying to avoid someone. 

"Who are you looking for sweetheart?" I asked calmly.

"Can you help me?" She asked as she began to shake. 

I took her back to my trailer and locked the door. I handed her some water and led her to the chair by my vanity. 

"What's your name, sweetheart?" I asked.

"Cheyenne Mathews." She replied quietly.

"What's going on?" I asked as I sat on my bed. She hesitated for a moment and looked up at me with worried eyes. 

"Hey, I'm listening." I said as I looked at her.

"I- I would tell you but, I don't think you'd understand." She said shakily.

"Hey, I've got all night." I said.

"Well, my now ex husband and I split up last year and now hes looking for me and I saw him here." She explained. "I bought the tickets to your concert about a month before we decided to split so I took my best friend to go with me but she's with Gene, and she doesn't know that he's here." She said.

"Were keeping you in here for a while. Is that okay?" I asked. She nodded her head yes and smiled grimly.

I held out my arms and hugged her. "I'm gonna take a shower. Let me know if you need anything." I told her. She nodded her head. "Go lay down." I told her. She went to my bed and covered herself with the comforter.

15 minutes later, I came out of the shower to see her staring at the ceiling. I broke the silence. "Do you need something to sleep in?" I asked. "Yes please." She said as she got up and walked over to me. I grabbed a shirt that I keep with me for emergencies. "I don't have any pants that will fit you. Are you okay with wearing just that?" I asked. "Yeah. Do you want me to check into a hotel?" She asked. "No, not unless you want to. I figured maybe you could sleep here with me?" I asked. She nodded her head yes.

She went into the bathroom to go change. I was already in bed when she came out. I normally wouldn't sleep with anything on, but i decided to wear a pair of grey sweatpants. I held the blanket open for her and nuzzled myself close to her. Her scent was incredibly calming. Like lilac and expensive perfume. She snuggled close to me as I wrapped an arm around her waist. She placed her hand over mine and laced her fingers on top of mine. 

Her breathing slowed as she began to fall asleep. I kissed her head and fell asleep quickly with her.

I woke up a bit before her late the next morning. My face was in the dip of her neck with her hand softly intertwined with mine. Her legs were intertwined with mine.