CHAPTER 21

ELYSE POV

I woke up at 9 am with a pounding headache.I took the aspirin which Rhys left me at the bedside table.I got dressed and went downstairs to library where Rhys might be working.

I slowly opened the large doors to a giant Library.I love sitting by a window and reading here because the views from here are amazing.I couldn't spot him so I took my unfinished novel and set on the cozy daybed near a window.

I was so zoned out while reading that I never realised that Rhys was sitting in front of me. "How long we're you sitting there?"

"Few minutes!"He answered. He folded his legs and let his head rest on the wall. "How's your Hangover?"He asked.

"Just fine!"I sarcastically answered.He chuckled as I lay my head on his lap.He took my hand and started playing with my fingers. "You didn't went to work today?"

"I am working from home today!"He said poking my cheeks. "Hey!"I got up from his laps and hit him on the shoulder. "Well I should probably get to work."Before I could leave he grabbed my hand and spun me towards him.

"Rhys?!"He made me sit on his laps.

"Will you stay home today?"He asked kissing my neck.His hot breath teasing me.He slowly moved upwards.Our lips inches away from meeting."No!"I answered sternly.

"What if I make you change your mind?"He teased."You can't."I tried to get up but his grip on my waist was telling me otherwise.

"Rhys!"I tried to free myself.He didn't say anything and just kissed me.I immediately responded on his move.I took that as an opportunity and freed myself.

He didn't even realised that I wasn't on his lap. "See you can't !"I smirked and started to walk away. "El!"He exclaimed in annoyed tone.He was coming after me so I started running.

I ran towards his room but he caught up to me."you are in trouble!"He picked me up in his arms and closed the doors behind us.Before I could say anything he smashed his lips on mine.I kissed him back.My stomach was exploding.He gently lay me on bed and supported himself with his arm.His other hand was moving along my waist.

I parted my mouth to breath but he slid his tongue in.This was our first rough kiss and it felt like we both were pouring all emotions in it.But it as always felt like I was on Cloud-9. My top lifted up slightly and his cold fingers made contact with my skin snapping me out.

I gently pushed his chest.He groaned and stop kissing me but it didn't stop him from teasing me.He started sucking on my neck.Aghh... I don't want a Hickey."Rhys!"It came out as a moan.His lips curled on my skin.

That it's.I aggressively pushed him and immediately got up. "I really have to go now!"I took my purse and fixed myself in mirror. I ran my fingers through the mark and mumbled.I hate you!He chuckled.

I didn't have time to cover the mark so I just opened my hair.Yeah...Well It's not to visible. "Take my bodyguard with you!"He said. "Why?"

"For protection!"He said in a obvious tone.

"No!"

"You are so arrogant!"He sighed.

"Learnt from the best!"I shot back and went down stairs.
———————

Hours passed and I only had few customers.I was bored as hell So I went inside to lay down and do nothing.I was almost asleep when the bell beside the door chimed.I immediately went outside and saw a build man in suit.

"Hi!What would you like sir?"I beamed with a smile.

"Well It seems that you have come as an interest to me!"He said.But something about his voice sounded familiar.

"Excuse me?"I said trying to sound professional.

"Uh..You are more beautiful and charming in person.Miss Elyse!"Oh my god he is the guy from the phone. "What do you want."I snarled.

"I am only here because your dear husband has a lot of enemies and I am one of them!"

"So?"

"Well I found out that you are very dear to him.And I want to hurt him or maybe even kill him in any way possible."He said.

He came near me but I stood where I was.He wrapped his fingers around my neck and easily lift me up. "Tell your dear husband that this is a warning.If he interferes with my work again, I can do much worst."His grip around my neck tightened and I was struggling under his grip.He released me and I fell on the floor.I was panting and coughing as he left.I drank some water and checked my bruised neck which was red and turning into purple.Unfortunately I didn't have any ice.

A tear rolled down my eyes because it was hurting too much.But not more than the fact that Rhys never told me.That's why he suggested for his bodyguard to accompany me.He knew that somehow this man will contact me and he didn't even found it important to notify me.I am aware that he was trying to protect me or whatever but I could protect myself on my own because I have done it my entire life.If only he could've told me or open up about his work I could at least be aware about the dangers which come with a position of a fucking queen or to be married to a prince.

I wiped my tears and I knew I couldn't work anymore.So I closed the shop and went home cursing Rhys.
.
.
.
.