Little Red Riding Hood

A/N: From this point on, the contents may be gruesome for some. You are advised not to read on if you cannot take it.

"The witch! She- she escaped!"

Lucinda's words rung in my ears as I hopped onto Aloysius. "Ella, Zeke, Cedric, Bador, I want you to bring the sloth clan and fish clan back to the pack territory."

The sloths and fish shifted into wolves and joined the four, ready to ride at the sound of my voice. "But what about that witch? Will it be safe?" Bador whimpered. I didn't blame him. That witch had ordered for Bador to kill me.

"It is unlikely she will stay there. The pack will be safe."

"Then what about you, My lady!" Cedric asked with a panicked look.

"I will be fine. The witch will come after me," I held the charm tightly in my pocket. "I have something she wants."

"I will stay behind with you! You cannot possibly take her on by yourself-"

"I won't be alone, Cedric. I have Aloysius. Besides, I need you to be there to help the wolves, okay? You're my second in command," I pat his back. Cedric bowed, his ears turned down. He ran alongside the other wolves as they headed for home.

"Lady Red, I know you are going to marry Aloysius soon, but please, keep caution of him. I worry for you." Cedric telepathed to me.

"I will be safe, Cedric."

"Come, Aloysius. Time to go witch hunting," I jumped onto his back and he took off.

"Red, this huntress is very dangerous. She does not play fair. I fear- I fear she will use me against you once more," Aloysius mumbled.

"I don't intend to play fair either. She knows I hold something dear to her. Something that can end her life with a spark," I pat my pocket.

"Will you not use it yet?" he asked.

"I need more information from her. Within a prison, she knew I couldn't do much to her. But now, we're in the forest. If I ask her anything, she'll be much more desperate to keep her life."

"Torture. A suitable method, Red," Aloysius nodded. "Though I prefer you not sully your hands. I will gladly do your dirty work. Just- don't look. It may be too messy." 

I rubbed Aloysius' back. It was so calming to me, watching my pale hand run through his black fur. "I have an idea of where she will be."

"You believe she has something to do with the Redhead children?" he said as though he read my thoughts.

"It all aligns too much to be a coincidence. And the barrier a Redhead placed up, there's a witch in the village."

I could feel Aloysius' jaws move. "What is it?"

"I've noticed you started calling it 'the village', and started calling us 'my pack'."

I suppose I have. It made me smile too. "Well, I live here now, I have friends and family with me now. It's my home." Breaking our heartfelt moment, an arrow zipped past, barely scratching my cheek. Huh, that's uncommon.

"I suppose that means we're going in the right way," Aloysius said. The path was clear in front of us. Nearby would be Grandmama's house, just a little further on.

It was how I got roped into all of this, visiting her and encountering Blackbirds for the first time. I wondered if she was home, and if noticed the hoard of Redhead children in the Blackbird forest.