Heartfelt

^the dress you are wearing :)

-

Ajax sighed in annoyance as he watched another princess shakily walk away from him. He knew the words he spilt were harsh, but he couldn't help it when the women looked at him the way they did. Like he was some sort of prize to be won, a trophy. He knew that when it all ended, he was the one meant to have won a trophy, a piece of candy to be held in the palm of his hand, their life his to control.

But, to Ajax's discretion, none of these women were what he wanted. They didn't hold a spark to his flame. At this point he was desperate for anything, even a fire that outshined his own spirit.

Finally managing to catch a break, Ajax fled to the backside balcony, resting his hands on the rails as he let out a deep sigh. His freedom was short-lived, of course, as a voice cleared their throat from across to him. Ajax's eyes flew wide open and his head snapped around to meet your eyes. He was stunned, surprisingly not because you managed to appear out of thin air, but because your eyes were a stunning colour. He gulped as you raised an eyebrow, your beautiful skin shining in the moonlight.

"Ah- uhm-"

"I never expected the Prince of Snezhnaya to fumble over his words," the stranger smiled, "just a few seconds ago you seemed to be speaking oh so eloquently."

Ajax straightened up and cleared his throat. "My apologies, I did not expect anybody to be out here, usually we don't get guests over this side of the ball."

"Is that so.." you tilt your head, as if contemplating an interesting question, "well then, I may as well go as far to assume you are not enjoying the party?"

Your question seemed to leave him slightly surprised, wondering how you managed to figure him out so quickly, before remembering his mother's words, "you're quite easy to figure out, Ajax", and shuffled his feet.

"You could tell, huh."

You shrugged, "Only an idiot wouldn't, though, considering our lovely crowd inside, I'm not quite surprised no one didn't notice."

A small smirk quirked up his lips at your comment, something about you.. it intrigued him, and he wanted to know more. So, without a second thought, Ajax held open his hand.

You seemed confused for a moment, before delicately placing your hand in his. Ajax bowed, surprising you, and kissed your hand gently. "May I ask you for a dance, then, m'lady?"

You stared at him again, with those brilliant eyes of yours, before your face softened into a smile and you agreed.

A/N
this was supposed to be uploaded a while ago T^T
also if this is your first time reading something of mine make sure it is your last! the rest of my stories are crack posts made for my friends and are kind of weird