Chapter 2

Peter looked up at the other two variants of himself. He guessed that during the spell, they had been dragged into this universe along with their respective villains.

Something about them seemed off. He didn't know if it actually was, or if it was because of his own psychology. He had some trust issues after Mysterio.

"Stop!" he shouted. "Don't come any closer!"

His variants ignored him and jumped down from their perch up above. Now Peter could get a closer look at them. These Peters had hair that was more brown than blond. One looked tall and had his hair sticking up, and the other one was dressed like a youth pastor.

The taller Peter put his hands up in surrender. "We know what you're going through," he said. Clearly, he was talking about May's death.

"Please don't talk about it," Peter said, looking away from them.

"I lost my uncle Ben," youth pastor Peter said, ignoring what had just been said. "And I could've stopped his murder. But I didn't."

"I lost...I lost Gwen," tall Peter said, choking up. "She was my MJ."

Peter turned to look at MJ. No. He couldn't imagine losing her. Mysterio had shown him an illusion of him losing her. It had all been so real. He didn't want to experience that again.

"Our point," youth pastor Peter said, "is that being Spider-Man means you have to sacrifice a lot. But you have to keep going. To protect the people you know and care about. Like my Uncle Ben said, with great power--"

"...there must come great responsibility," Peter finished. That was just what May had said.

Both Peters smiled. "C'mon," tall Peter said, patting Peter on the shoulder. "We can solve this together."

==================

All three Peters, Ned, MJ, and Stephen went to Midtown High to prepare for the upcoming battle against the five inter-dimensional villains. The Peters were creating and fixing the cures for the villains while Ned and MJ assisted them. 

Stephen stood in a corner, contemplating the situation. He could hear Ned asking about the other two Peters' lives. One of them replied that his friends had died brutally after trying to kill him. That made Ned stay a good distance away from the Peter that Stephen knew.

He almost envied Peter. He had other, older, well-experienced variants of himself to guide him through these dark times. He had his two loyal friends by his side. Ever since Mordo had left and he hadn't seen Christine in forever, Wong was his only friend. He just wished he had such a supportive group around him like Peter did. 

Looking back at the group, he saw his Peter leading the way, taking charge and telling the rest what to do. He found it funny that when Ned called out for Peter, all three looked at him. 

He drifted over to stand by his Peter's side to see what he was doing. He was tinkering with some green ooze-like substance. The cure for Osborn. Of course he would be working on that.

"Sorry again about your aunt," Stephen said.

"It's fine," Peter said, with a face that showed he wasn't fine.

Stephen placed a hand on Peter's shoulder. "You're real lucky to have your friends, y'know?" he said to Peter.  "They'll always be with you no matter what, to help you, comfort you."

Peter must've sensed Stephen's resentful tone. "You had someone?" he asked.

Stephen smiled a nostalgic smile. "You already know Wong," he said. "But before that there was Christine and Mordo...it's been a while since I saw them. I...I miss them."

"You should reconnect with them," Peter suggested. "Find them, talk to them. I think it would do wonders for your sanity."

Stephen chuckled, knowing Peter said the last part sarcastically. "Don't worry, I will," he replied. He would gladly take Peter's advice if it meant he would be with his friends—family—again.

As the final touches were put on both the plan for the battle and the cures, there was both a grim sense of dread but excitement in the room.

It was time.