Part 20

(Y/N) wondered the ruins of the Night Sister Temple, the one which Grievous had a helping hand in destroying, along with the clans themselves. Few remained of the once powerful clans remained, only the odd survive left with the guilt and trauma. Something (Y/N) could relate to, as she often felt the same time. She had lost everything to, been left with survivors guilt, wondering what happened where she had been spared but those she seen as family had been executed for nothing. Just as she had been traumatized by the war and how things had ended, how she had lost the man she loved so dearly. 

From a distance Maul watched (Y/N), recalling the times the Night Sisters had taught her about the force, even how he had taught her lightsaber combat, not far from the Night Brother camps, the baron lands between the places. Just as the renegade Sith Lord, could remember the hopes he once had, for the woman he watched now. How he hoped she would be a powerful warrior, although he had hoped she would have been a Sith Lord, he was proud of the woman she had been grown into. 

"You thoughts gather on a clone?" questioned Maul, sensing she her powerful emotions regarding one clone. The love, anger and pain, all of it overwhelming to the point even the powerful former Sith Lord, struggled to handle it. "What happened to him?" asked the fatherly figure, looking to the woman he had called his child for so long. It wasn't long before (Y/N) turned to face him, wondering if her emotions were really that obvious to others. 

"The empire took him away. Boosted the power of his inhibitor chip, the last I knew he was on Kamino when it was bombarded" responded (Y/N), being truthful with what the Empire had done, resulting in her losing one of the few people she truly had left. Yet she knew something had been happening, during her time as a prisoner. The way Howzer had mentioned Crosshair several times and even mentioned the remaining members of the little family known as the Bad Batch. Just as she knew Rex, Howzer and Wolffe, had gone to Kamino. Although she hadn't been aware of why they had gone, just that Howzer had been determined to go and had asked to borrow the Ghost Marauder. 

"What do you're senses tell you?" asked Maul, encouraging her to use her senses, to search for answers. (Y/N) soon began to focus, trying to sense those of the Batch, trying to sense if they had survived the bombardment on Kamino or if they too had left her, as so many others had. Maul waited patiently, ignoring his own senses of another force sensitive being on Dathomir, another he knew was another survivor of the Jedi Purge. 

"They survived" responded (Y/N), a gasping in surprise upon sensing each of them, and another special one. Almost instantly (Y/N) felt her heart skip a beat to know Crosshair and the remaining members of the little family had made it against all the odds put in front of them. She couldn't help the grin to appear on her lips, something which felt foreign to her, after so long of feeling it was impossible or there was no light at the end of the tunnel. She began to feel hope for the first time since the war had ended, hope for what was to come and hope for what could be. 

Elsewhere, Crosshair sat in the cockpit of the Ghost Marauder, recalling the spending hours on end, building up his confidence with flying. How (Y/N) had spent the time helping him in any way she could. Even how she had understood him on a level he once believed was impossible, he wondered how he had been lucky enough to ended up with (Y/N) as his soul mate. Even how she had fought for him as much as he fought for her. Yet he also felt guilt for how things had gone, how he had unintentionally broke her heart. 

"Are the others okay?" asked Rex, appearing behind the enhanced clone. He could see the hope Crosshair had gained since boarding the ship, even just the thought of reuniting with (Y/N) again. The sniper merely nodded to the question, suspecting they had likely returned to the lives they had been slowly been building since leaving Kamino so long before hand. Yet he also worried what would come for them, if the empire would knuckle down further on the clones, now he had left them like his brothers had. Just as he now felt concern for Omega's future, she was force sensitive, that alone would put her in far more danger than anything else. Just as she would eventually need training. 

"They have (Y/N)'s spare lightsaber, hopefully they can find someone to train her properly" responded Crosshair, feeling a tiny piece of the weight on his shoulders lift. Especially sharing Omega was force sensitive, although it was anyone's guess if anyone within the empire knew of it. Rex could only nod, as if he had already noticed the same thing regarding Omega, yet still kept quiet, as if proud the young girl now had the weapon of the lightsaber. "I'm scared" whispered Crosshair, admitting he was scared even uncertain about the impending reunion. At the same time Echo's words repeatedly played on his mind. As if the Arc Trooper had hope all of them could be reunited some time down the line. As if he had been haunted by guilt of not being able to convince the others to go after their former general and now Princess of the Empire. As if he was the only one who really noticed she was a victim too. 

A/N - Happy Holidays Everyone x