Assignment Romance (Drarry)

Harry was zoned out, per usual in astronomy class. It wasn't that the class was boring, it was that Harry already knew all of the content that they were learning. Astronomy was one of the few classes that Harry seemed to have a knack at. It was only when Professor Sinistra clapped her hands, did he look up. "Attention everyone! I will be assigning a project!" There was an abundance of groans heard throughout the room. "Now, now don't worry. You guys will get to have a partner to complete the assignment with over the week." She said and some of the students' faces lit up before the professor pulled out a list. "Here's the list of partners: Hermione Granger and Dean Thomas, Pavarti Patil and Pansy Parkinson, Neville Longbottom and Ron Weasley, Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter, Seamus Finnigan and..." Professor Sinistra kept listing off partners, but Harry tuned her out, too busy dreading this project.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry and Draco met up in the library after supper with a pass from Professor Sinistra. They made an agreement to stay civil for the duration of the project and return to their previous dynamics once it was over. "You can get started on the essay portion and I will work on the charting since I doubt you have any artistic ability." Draco said with a sneer and Harry rolled his eyes with a snort. "Any objections, Potter?" He asked in response to the noise. "Nope. You're dead on about my drawing skills. First time for everything." Harry murmured, scribbling down some notes for the rough draft. Draco sat there stunned at his admittance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They continued working for hours, charting and studying and writing notes. Every once and a while Draco would glance up and watch as Harry read over his work, his brows furrowed in concentration and then cross something out and continue. When the clock struck 12, Harry leaned back and removed his glasses, rubbing at his fatigued eyes. Draco closed his book and looked over as Harry sighed. Draco hadn't seen him without his glasses before. He'd never noticed how his eyes were a really pretty shade of green, even when they were bloodshot. Draco grew slightly concerned when he saw the dark grey circles under his eyes. 

"We should take a break it's getting late." Draco said as Harry put his glasses back on. "You can go to bed but I'm going to continue." He said, picking back up his quill. It was obvious that he was tired so why wasn't he stopping? Draco wasn't going to leave until he found out. He reopened his book and pretended to check his half complete star chart, making sure he was watching Harry carefully. 

Eventually when he looked up, he was leaned over, sound asleep. Draco's eyes softened at the scene. It was adorable. Wait, what? Potter isn't adorable! Draco thought to himself. But he couldn't deny the fact that he was adorable, all curled up asleep. He closed his own book and then gathered Harry's things and removed his glasses before he went to move Harry to a more comfortable position so he wouldn't wake with a crick in his neck. Draco slipped his arms under his knees and his neck and lifted him off of the chair and carried him over to the couch. He laid him down and sat down next to him, setting his head into his lap. 

For a second Draco wondered why he was being so gentle with his supposed "enemy" but then he looked back at Harry's face and remembered. He looked like he hadn't gotten a good night's sleep in weeks, maybe even longer. Now that he thought about it, it made sense. It must be stressful competing in the Triwizard Tournament. Draco believed him when he said he didn't put his name in the cup. It really never was his choice to hate Harry. He never even knew why his Father wanted him to anyway.