☀️A Sun's Light Is Very Bright☀️

You and a couple of your friends from school had plans to run amuck at the fairly new Pizzaplex, as teenagers do, but boy was that place huge. No amount of MapBots could make any sense of that people-infested labyrinth. The crowd was thick and the sound of several different theme songs blasting at once was enough to make you dizzy.

Your friend rested their hands behind their head and broke the ice. "I can't believe they have like, five whole malls in one place!" They looked almost as overwhelmed as you were as they scanned the many open stores available on the current floor. People rushed around covered in overpriced merchandise and greasy food from shop to show and escalator to elevator.

"I think we were in a bit over our heads here." Your other friend chimed in not a moment after, seems as though everyone was on the same page. This was your chance to choose somewhere that will be as calm as it possibly can be in this pocket universe of a money grab.

All three of you walk over to the nearest stationary mall map, as all of you had foolishly trashed the MapBot's maps. You quickly survey for the best spot possible... a daycare? Yeah, that could work I guess.

"How about here?" Your index finger hovered over the large red spot. Their faces had given a unanimous look of confusion and defeat. What else were you guys gonna do? No one had a solid plan and loitering would be no different than being in a room full of screaming kids, at least it would be in a somewhat controlled environment and free snacks would be available.

"Sure, I just don't want to get my shirt dirty, other than that I'm good." They seemed to almost rush towards the elevator and practically dragged you by the arm with them. The music never seemed to end honestly, even during your walk to the daycare. But after reaching the daycare's entrance, the vibe had completely changed.

A hole. No, not a hole.

"A slide." You said half out of shock and the other half out of disbelief. One of your friends started belly laughing no louder than church bells while the other went to inspect the colorful tunnel more closely. "I feel like there are so many safety violations happening right at this very moment." The gears began to turn in your head.

This isn't safe and shouldn't be entertained whatsoever. Anyone would know better, you should know better. You do know better.

But a quick look at your phone told you exactly what you wanted to hear, there's no time to sit around and think about it. You walked towards the slide, "Let's go- oh wait," you stopped dead in your tracks. This is a plastic slide. You suddenly remembered why you hadn't been down one in so long.

"Are you joking or something (y/n)?" (F/n) had pushed you, rougher than you appreciated, off to the side and sat at the beginning of the slide. "Peace." They lowered their Montgomery Gator™ shades and went down the rainbow tube. You could hear the static as they slid out of sight.

"My turn! Don't be scared (y/n), there's probably only one shark in the ball pit." They slid down the slide headfirst. Again, very dangerous. But, for some reason, you can't tell if that last line was comforting or demeaning.

You let out a shaky exhale and extended a hand towards the top of the slide, -zap- "OW! Motherf-" you grabbed your hand and took a swift look around at your surroundings. Either the daycare music is incredibly loud or the parents are too tired to care.

You looked down at the foul beast that lay before you. It was like staring into the belly of a giant rainbow caterpillar, but you are brave, and you can conquer this little fear of yours. You grabbed the top of the slide and realized that you are too tall and need to sit down and scoot forwards to sit at the base of the slide. It was kinda cramped but not enough to feel scary. You looked up, and let yourself flow down the entrance of the slide.