⋅•☆Chapter 29 - Home for the Holidays☆•⋅

TW: Mentions of death, anxiety attack

Y/n's POV

⋅•☆────✧.·☽✦☾·.✧────☆•

I felt someone shake my shoulder lightly. I quickly opened my eyes and realized I had fallen asleep on Fred's shoulder.

"Time to get up, Carrington." Fred said to me.

I looked around and realized we had arrived at Platform 9 ¾. The others were already grabbing their luggage and preparing to leave the train.

I grabbed Stark and placed him on the seat before I proceeded to reach out for my luggage but Fred beat me to it.

"I can carry my own luggage, thank you very much." I said to him, as I tried to grab it from him.

He pulled it away from me and proceeded to exit the compartment. "Yeah but since you're so short, I think carrying something twice your weight would stunt your growth."

I gasped at his comment as I grabbed Stark and followed him out, "I am not that short and my luggage is not that heavy."

"Then why does it feel like you've packed a pile of rocks in here?" He asked as he got off the train..

"They aren't rocks, they're books." I state.

"We've got enough books at the Library at Home to satisfy your reading needs." Harry said as he joined me and the others.

"Well they're new books that Grandma Em sent and I just wanted to add them to my shelves." I argued.

"Whatever you say, Y/n." Harry shrugged.

I rolled my eyes then proceeded to scan the crowd of parents till I spotted My parents and uncle Remus.

Before I went towards them I turned to the group and did a head count. Once I realized everyone was here, I led them towards the three adults.

I was pulled into a hug by my mum, "I missed you so much, little wolf."

I hugged her back, "I missed you too, mum"

We eventually pulled back and I was soon engulfed in a hug by uncle Moony.

"Excited for the Holidays, little wolf?" He asked me.

I nodded, "Ecstatic, considering I've got my friends with me for the break." I pulled away and pointed to the large group of people behind me.

Ten kids and three adults in one house, what could go wrong?

"You must be Makayla Knight and Draco Malfoy." Mum said as she came closer to my friends.

Makayla nodded, "Yes I am, It's very nice to meet you Mrs. Carrington."

"Thank you so much for letting us stay at your home for the Holidays, Mrs. Carrington." Draco said, he spoke with a bit of nervousness in his voice.

"It's very nice to meet you too. I'm very glad you'll be with us for the Holidays and please, call me Rosie." Mum replied.

Makayla and Draco nodded their heads with a smile. Makayla made her way towards Hermione who stood by my dad. But Draco still stood by my mum.

"I'm very sorry for all the trouble my father has been causing you and your family. I apologize if my presence brings a strain to the Holidays." Draco apologized profusely. He's always felt a sort of guilt that his father has been treating everyone like they're dirt to society.

"Oh, my dear, there's nothing to apologize for. Your father's acts are not your own and your family doesn't define who you are. Trust me, I know." She whispered that last part, loud enough for me and Draco to hear. "And no one here is upset that you're staying with us for the Holidays. The more the merrier."