The Last Christmas Gift

Characters:

Timothy: A young boy who doesn't celebrate Christmas because of his father who couldn't afford to buy the things he wanted for Christmas.

Arthur: Timothy's best friend and neighbor. He's the only one who understands Timothy's situation but disagrees with some of his reasons on why he keeps angry with his family, especially his father.

Sam: Timothy's dad and is working in a construction company. He has a secret that he didn't tell to his son since his mother left.

Alicia: Timothy's mother, and Sam's wife who left him and his dad to marry another husband and live a decent life. But she still considers Timothy as her son and is fighting for her rights to take her away from Sam.

Baron: Alicia's second husband and is a well-known businessman. He married Alicia to prevent himself from being alone during holidays and for the rest of his life.

Kayla: Arthur's sister.

Jones: Arthur's father.

|--------------------|

"Ugh! Not again!"

"Timmy, this is all that I got for you this Christmas."

"Since mom left, we've been into a lot of things. And you can't even give me the gift that I wanted the most! The PS5!! I don't know why I'm here in your place, under your custody! I should've been with mom!"

This is an argument between Timothy and his father Sam as they're about to celebrate Christmas with less food and aren't as delicious as what Timothy's expecting. One small roasted Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, and a Chocolate Cake.

"Listen, son. I've been working hard for you in the past months but, this is all that I got. And also, we can't afford to eat too many dishes because there's only two of us here in the house." Sam said.

"Yeah, yeah. And you're gonna tell me that your company's giving you fewer bonuses than last year? God! That's the fifth time you gave me the same reason, again! When will I celebrate Christmas with a lot of dishes and gifts underneath our Christmas Tree?" Timothy whined.

"Son, what can I do about that? Our boss is having a hard time paying our salaries since their investors start to leave them and took their investments back from them. Even we are about to finish one building, the salary we'll get from that will still be very small than you expect. Please understand." Sam said.

"Ugh! Shut up! I'll just go to sleep! We'll just eat these in the morning, during our breakfast!" Timothy angrily said and went to his room. Sam sighed and decided to eat half of the dishes he prepared for him and Timothy.

"Merry Christmas... Timmy..." Sam uttered while eating with a sad look on his face.

----------

"Really? Gosh, I wish I can celebrate with you, Mom!" Timothy said as he is having a Video Call with his mom named Alicia.

"Only if your father allowed you to celebrate Christmas with us. And also, did he say yes after you asked him to celebrate New Year with us?" Alicia asked.

"Ugh! I didn't get any response since I'm not in the mood to ask him about it after we saw our meals for Christmas." Timothy said.

"I'll ask him if you can't do it. Then you'll have fun with your cousins in here!" Alicia said.

"Wait?! My cousins are gonna celebrate Christmas in uncle Baron's place? Sounds cool!" Timothy exclaimed.

"Yes! And also, they'll be happier to have you here in that week. So, try asking your father again if he'll allow you to be with us in New Year!" Alicia said.