Chapter-4 Trouble Letter

"For a minute you thought you fooled me, for a minute you got me lost"

Trouble Letter

I woke up with the sound of my alarm, ringing just above my head the next morning.

With one leg still in sleep, I lazily started finding the source of the sound in order to stop it's not-so-melodious voice.

I yank up from the bed irritated as I groan, not being able to find the clock.

After an eternity of struggling I stand-up closing the ever-buzzing alarm, just to sit down on the bed again, groaning in pain.

After Ethan left yesterday, I may have been super annoyed to a level, where I might have gone out for a long-run in order to lower my bottled-up anger towards him.

"Damn it Emma, how many miles do you have to run?" I said, to myself in a sleepy voice with my eyes still half closed. As I groan in pain rubbing my legs unconsciously.

I slowly got up from the bed again, and planned to take a long-hot water bath for the sake of my sore legs.

Stepping back in the room wearing my robe, and feeling a million times better than I was feeling thirty minutes before. I saw the clock and immediately fastened my pace. I had only thirty minutes left and with that thought I rushed towards my closet, starting to do my rituals.

I wore a navy-blue oversized hoodie with a black skinny jeans and then paired it with one of my white sneakers. I dried my hair quickly brushing my fingers through them, making them in the natural brown waves. Then I quickly plugged my curling iron and started to curl my hair.

Fifteen minutes left until the final bell, I checked my watch and rushed outside the house, kissing my mum goodbye and then dumping my bag and all the food packages on the backseat. A minute later I head towards the front seat after closing the backdoor. But, I felt something was wrong. I stepped back closing the front door examining the car and that's when I saw the front tire.. deflated.

I groan circling around the car, only to find all the four tires deflated. I had a spare tire but it would take a whole lot more than fifteen minutes to change a tire. And it's not that I can arrange three more out of thin air.

"Come on, I just got it back from the service centre" I murmured under my breath. Checking my watch I did the next best thing possible. I took my bag out of the back door, then ducking further into the car to reach the small change purse which I shove into the bag's pocket that I always keep in the car before closing the door. I pull the bag's strips on my shoulder, tie my hair in a messy bun and then break into a sprint in the direction of the school.

Despite all the pain in the leg. I made it to the school just in time. As I opened the doors. sweating as hell, thinking about checking the time from the watch tied to my wrist. I got the answer by an annoyingly familiar sound. The final bell rang. "Are you serious?" I shouted in anger, when I noticed a familiar figure walking towards me. "Seems like running in the morning is not as fun as you thought" Ethan said in a mocking voice.

I lunged towards him, with every intention of wiping that arrogant smirk off his face when I heard another familiar voice coming from my right , which I had every intention of dodging today.

"Miss. Grey, report to the principal's office immediately." said the principal's assistant in the best authoritative voice one could speak in.

I stand still in my place, glaring and throwing mental daggers' at Ethan's back as he moves towards his class leaving me breathing heavily in the hallway.

Well, well, well.. guess who decided to play along as well. Tell me what do you guys think about Ethan's prank? Giving Emma the taste of her own medicine. I know the chapter is short but, do wait for the next chapter as it's one of my favorite as a new entry will be expected.. my favorite one and only Caleb. A double update for.

Do follow and vote. Love <3 <3 <3