Chapter 5

After we got out the tickets, we headed near the concession stands. I looked at the variety they had and choose a diet coke, soft pretzel bites with cheese, and of course, sour patch kids. Adam ordered the same as me but with a sprite.

"Thanks for all the junk food," I joked around with him. He laughed back and headed over to the empty hallway of where our movie would start.

We made our way up the stairs and turned to go into the middle section. I swear that they make sure that the stairs at the theaters were to be tripped on. This is why I'm not the one carrying the food.

Near through the previews, we both had finished almost all our pretzel bites from boredom. Adam and I started a competition for who is most knowledgeable on movies. The first question we answered was, "What color were the slippers in the original Wizard of Oz?" Adam yelled, " Red, her slippers were so red. I beat you already!"

"Nuh uh. The slippers were silver." I counter argued.

"Well, we will just see and find out!" Adam said so cockily thinking he won.

A second later, the answer was on the screen. "SILVER"

"See, I totally won that," I let Adam know.

"Pfft, you probably have an answer book in your purse or something."

I giggle at his reaction and then responded, "You keep believing that, okay?"

"I will. I definitely will."

The movie soon starts and we pay attention to it, but come on, it was Insurgent. I literally had to pay attention to it. It's one of the best books made.

After 15 minutes of the movie, Adam did that lame guy thing where they yawn and 'stretched' his arm around me. I just laughed at the gesture and took a quick glance at him.

When the credits came on, we stood up and Adam lifted his arm back around to put it by his side. We were waiting for the crowd to evolve back into the exits so we didn't have to be too crowded. We waited about 5 minutes and then started walking out.

"Thanks for tonight. All the junk food and the movie was great," I gave him an appreciative smile.

"No problem, I hope we can do this again soon," he sends a smile back my way.

He slips his hand into mine as we walk towards the car. "I really like you, Winter. I don't know how I got so lucky to be right across from you." Adam said starting a conversation in the car.

"Thanks, you know, I never have thought you'd talk to me. I saw you and I'm like, 'oh there goes my chance. He's a jock' but your different. I like different."

"Well Winter, as much as I would want to continue this lovely night, it appears that you must be home soon so your parents don't hate me."

"Thank you so much Adam, you're amazing. See you later!" I responded as he pulled into my driveway.

I got out and could see my mom left the living room light on so I could see where I was going when I got through the door. I waved Adam a last goodbye as he pulled into his driveway across the street. Then I turned around and opened the door.

I smiled to myself, this is probably one of the best nights I've had.