Familiars and Witchcraft

Tommy was a spellcaster, a witch, in other terms.

Some would call him sorcerer, some would call him satanist.

Others would think him as a warlock, which were taboo in some profound states.

Warlocks were pure evil, and they are often confused with witches - no matter their personality or goal.

Tommy was one of these mistaken witches, and people thought he was similar to a warlock.

He wanted to puke.

He wasn't anything like that, and he could prove it by driving a broomstick through their mouths.

He wanted to help, but people pushed him away.

Not only metaphorically, but also physically.

Once people caught word that he was a witch, they unhinged their pitchforks and torches, and drove him away from the village.

And the worst thing about it was he was only 14.

Some knew who he actually was deep down that false interpretation, and often they would secretly visit him in his relocated abode.

Others disliked him for who he was, but they understood how young he was so they stayed behind, despite the remainder being the 74% who drove him away.

Tommy couldn't hate them no matter what they did.

They were afraid, and during 'the incident', he was too.

It was instinct, and they couldn't help it like he couldn't.

And here he was now, 17 and living in a serene, tranquil environment.

He was on a quite large mould of land that was slightly separated from the village as of the deep water between the two boundaries, bound together by a single, rickety bridge that was quite ancient though in it's prime.

It had seen better days, and it was prone to collapse though it was quite beautiful, repainted and decorated with lamps extruding from the beams and poles.

What Tommy didn't care about his choice of home, was that it was situated in fae territory.

He was prone to a fae attack or the presence of one, perhaps even being visited.

The villagers tried to keep peace by sending sacrifice.

At first it was fresh fruit, then meals, then animals being sent to the forest often.

Then came the human sacrifices, being of old age or young and healthy.

Usually it would be composed of elderly that were inable to recover or sinners of aspects of religion, even wrongdoers who committed crimes beyond legal.

Tommy was fine with the criminals, yet he wasn't pleased with elderly sacrifices.

They still had a chance in life, but the villagers decided to 'play god' and choose who gets to continue roaming the Earth and who doesn't.

Once, they even sent a child.

A blind one at that.

Tommy witnessed the occurence, as they ushered the child by prodding their back lightly with a spear.

He was beyond disgusted.

The villagers were on a thin line, and if something like this were to happen again he would unleash his wrath onto them.

Not the wrath of a disturbed fae, but the wrath of an angered witch, one experienced.

Once the villagers had finally left, Tommy decided to put matters into his own hands.