curiosity killed the cat

TWO YEARS AGO

TWO YEARS AGO.....

Felicity walked down the street to Oscorp, going to see her parents after spending some time with Peter. She walked into the building putting on her visit badge. She got into the elevator, "52 please.' she said to the elevator.

The elevator started going up as her phone buzzed. She grabbed it and looked at the message Peter sent.

'What did you get?' He sent with picture of the science test they took last week. His had a big 98 on it.

She smirked, and typed back, '100'

She waited for his response, getting it a few seconds later.

'damnit. its because your parents are super scientist it runs in the family'

She rolled her eyes and responded.

'Peter your parents were scientists too'

'oh right.'

She laughed at his stupidity, the elevator dinging as the doors opened. She put her phone back into her pocket, walking out.

She went down the all to were her parents lab were. She opened the door with her badge, the doors sliding open. She walked in causing her father to look up.

"Hey sweetie how was school?" He asked looking back at his work.

"Boring as per usual, but aced my science test." She sat down glancing around her eyes landing on the experiments room.

In there, Oscorp held their experiments, which consisted of many weird things that Felicity ignored knowing she shouldn't ask.

Her dad chuckled, "I'm not surprised, you'll be working here in no time with that brain."

She faked a smile to please her dad. It's not that Oscorp isn't great. It's a multi-billion dollar company that accomplishes indescribable things. If she got a job here as a scientist, a scientist like her parents, she would be set for life. She would be able to stay in New York, with a good apartment in a good part of the city.

But for some reason, she couldn't imagine working here. something about it didn't set right with her. Like there's something people didn't know about Oscorp. Something bad.

"I'm going to check up on mom, she's been down in the offices for awhile now." Henry said to his daughter. "Wanna come?"

"Nah I'm good, last time I went down there this man with a really bad combover was fixing a computer and wouldn't stop talking. Had to sit there listening for two hours straight." Felicity said looking at her phone. "I'll stay here till you come back."

"Okay should be back soon." felicity nodded as her dad left leaving her alone in the lab. She tapped her foot, already bored. She looked back at her phone, going to text Peter.

She'll definitely be occupied if she texts him something annoying. Annoying each other was one of the highlights of their friendship.

She went to text him, but was quickly distracted by the sound of scratching. She looked up from her phone, looking around confused. She continued to her the sound, realizing it was coming from the experiments room.

She got up putting her phone down. She got to the door, looking in through the glass. There she saw a bunch of things. Different liquids and powders, all different colors, animals, ranging from ants and spiders, too little lizards.

But one animal stuck out like a sore thumb.

Felicity looked the black cat that scratched at its cage.

"Oh," Her heart slightly clenched at the cat that was obviously confused and scared.

She looked down at the door knob, then back up into the room. Everything in the experiment room seemed contained. Her going in and not touching anything can't hurt. She just want to go to the cat.

She opened the door, shocked slightly that her parents left it unlocked.

She stepped in, her dirty blonde hair reflecting off of the dim lighting in the room. She walked to the cat, glancing around the other things, weirded out by the thought of what this was all used for.

She finally got to the cat, crouching down. The cat looked up from its cage, its icy blue eyes making Felicity taken aback by its beauty.

"Hi." She smiled lightly, "I'm Felicity."

To her surprise, the cat meowed in response. She looked around at the room once again, "Sorry you're in here. Didn't think Oscorp could sink this low. Testing on cute little cats. Terrible."

The black cat meowed again, scratching gently at the cage in front of it. Felicity sighed, "I know. I want to let you out too. Even if it was for a little bit."

she then stared at the cat, its blue eyes piercing her soul. She contemplated the idea of taking the cat out.

What would happen if she did? nothing serious. it was a cat. And it seemed friendly, like all it wanted to do was to curl up in Felicity lap and hide from the scary world it was in.

"Maybe for a couple seconds?" She muttered. she reached for the cages lock, "You better hope my parents don't walk in."

She unlocked it slowly and quietly. She gently opened the cage, and the cat slowly stepped out.

Felicity smiled as the cat slowly walked its way over to her. "You're a really cute cat, maybe I can ask my parents if we can keep-"

She stopped her sentence as the cat looked at her. Her heart dropped into her stomach as the cats eyes glowed blue.

They glowed like LED lights.

"What the hell?" She whispered in fear.

The cat continued to stare at her as the girl glanced at the cage, wondering how to put the cat back into its cage.

"I'm pretty sure normal cats don't do that." She said tensely, going to reach for the cage. "So, we're just gonna open this back up and-,"

The cat saw her reaching for the cage making it hiss and scratch her arm. Deeply. As she gasped in pain the cat jumped on her, scratching anywhere it could. She screamed, throwing it off of her.

She scrambled up, running as fast as she could out the experiment room. She slammed the door shut, locking it immediately.

She caught her breath, looking at her arm at had one deep cut reaching from her elbow all the way down to the middle of her hand. It was bleeding, along with some small nicks the cat got all over both her arms.

She suddenly felt some drip down her cheek, like a teardrop would. She brushed with her hand, seeing blood. She looked at the reflection in the glass, see a scratch along her cheek.

"What a bitch." She scoffed eyeing the experiment room.

She then looked down at her left wrist, her mouth dropping in shock. On her wrist, was a bite mark. When the hell did it bite her?

"Felicity?" She looked towards the door, seeing her mother and father standing there, their facing dropping seeing her bloodied up state.

"What the hell happened?" Her mother panicked as they both ran over to her.

"I uh-." Felicity started, "Suddenly became a dog person."

Authors Note:
Idk if you guys know what I mean by two years ago, but timeline wise, Felicity gets her powers two years before Peter does. I'm doing this to make Blackcat and Felicity's story more interesting!