Chapter 2- Christmas

Brea

Christmas Eve came sooner than expected and I was rushing to buy gifts for my friends and especially Juni. It was her first Christmas here in 3 years and it needed to be special. I made a trip to the mall, looking at all the stores to see if there was something extra special for her. Then it hit me, the jewelry store! I ran in and looked around for a bit and found a gold flower necklace and matching earrings. When all the shopping was done, I put everything in my car and drove home. Juni was in the living room watching tv.
"Hey, wanna watch with me?" Juni asked and looked at me.
"Gotta wrap all these presents," I gestured to the bags I was holding with my head. "But I can after."
"Ok," She unpaused the movie.
I kicked open the door and dumped all of the gifts onto the floor.
"Let's get wrapping." I mumbled to myself. I spent about an hour wrapping all the gifts and I had finally reached the last one. I tied the ribbon and flopped over on my back.
"Done!" I looked over to Cracker who was glaring at me from my desk. "Don't worry you'll get some too." As promised, I went downstairs, made hot chocolate and finished the movie with Juni. We spent the rest of the night playing board games and we ended up falling asleep on the couch at 1 am.

———

My eyes slowly opened and I went to check my phone. The clock read 11 am so I started to get up and then I saw Juni. She was all snuggled up and cozy like a little baby. She's pretty cute, I thought to myself. No, no she's your friend and you don't want to ruin that. I quietly tiptoed to the kitchen and made pancakes while Juni was still asleep. When they were done, I brought our plates over to the living room and set them down on the coffee table.
"Juni, it's time to wake up." I whispered as if waking up a child.
"Good morning." She muttered while smiling with her eyes still closed.
"I made pancakes." I said and put the plate right next to her face.
She sat up and grabbed the plate from me, but I snatched it back and held it tightly.
"I didn't here a thank you Brea." I scolded.
"Thank you Brea." Juni replied sarcastically.
"You're very welcome," I grinned.
We ate our pancakes while watching Frosty The Snowman so we could act like children again. I put on a Christmas playlist and I connected it to my speaker. I sat around the Christmas tree where we had placed presents the night before and started opening them. The first one I opened was from Juni of course.
"Oooh it's a jewelry box," I said excitedly and then opened it. It was the same flower necklace that I got her. "Oh my goodness this is beautiful, now open yours!"
"Okay, okay I will!" She opened the box and saw the necklace. "Now we match! She giggled and I gave her a hug.
"Ow, you're squishing me!" Juni exclaimed.
"Sorry."
"It's fine, I just want to live through Christmas." She replied and we both started laughing. We had nothing to do after opening presents so we decorated Juni's room a little bit with some things I gave her and watched cheesy Hallmark movies late into the night.

Cute filler for y'all :)