toki Inli pona

I wrote this story one year ago and I figure I'd post it now cus why not.

The concept is: Oswald finds out Mickey caused the Thinner Disaster with a slightly different response.

----

A long, distressed cry rung throughout the mountain of Wasteland, (dis)respectfully called Mickeyjunk Mountain. A mouse and a gremlin, who just came from a long and tiring adventure, raced towards the noise. The person, or rather rabbit. who made the noise was obviously in trouble, and help was needed fast.

-

Upon arriving at the top of the mountain, where the call for help was announced, Mickey and Gus saw Oswald trying to push the cork of a bottle back into place, as whatever was pushing the cork out was clearly much more powerful than he ever would have expected. His feet stood at the edge of a book, and despite his efforts, the cork of the bottle was pushing him closer and closer off the edge. Looking up, he noticed the arrival of the two toons, and moved away from the middle and more towards the cracked edges of the cork to make room. Together, the three of them tried their best to close the crock into position. It strained the toon, draining colour from their face as they tried, but they successfully were able to shut the cork, letting them all breathe a sigh of relief.

-

The rabbit collapsed to the floor, but looked to the other toons, thanking them. "Dat was a close one-- lot closer den I'd like it ta be." The two other toons didn't look at him due to their lasting fatigue of shutting the bottle, but the rabbit continued. "Y'know, no one else has made it up here to The Jug in years. No one bothers to come up, leavin' me to guard it." He hopped up helping Mickey up.

-

"What's in it?" asked the mouse, confused as to why the cork would be opening at such force.

-

"The Blot."

-

"What?" Mickey stepped back a bit in confusion. "But I've been fightin' the Blot?"

-

Oswald hesitated, a frown slowly spreading across his face. "Well, ya haven't even seen the REAL Blot." He paused as his face grew stronger with emotions; dark memories of his past spread his mind regarding the Blot. "Uhm... A long time ago, Ortensia n' I managed to bottle the Blot up in this 'ere jug. We were able to save Wasteland from the Blot, but I... I lost Ortensia in the battle." His face grew more depressed, leaving Mickey to feel bad for the rabbit. After all, this was the first time he had ever opened up to him about anything. "Those droplings you've been fightin'... that's all they are. They're nothin' compared to da actual Blot." Oswald let his eyes wander around, noticing the confusion on Mickey's face. "Oh. I didn't mention that before?"

-

Oswald spun around from where he stood, facing towards Mickey. "Listen, Mouse, maybe I misjudged ya." He sat and fiddled with his fingers, expressing his nervousness and concern, muttering softly about how Ortensia would have wanted him to be nicer. Without warning, Oswald suddenly put his hand out in a friendly manner, a curious look spread across his face. "I'd say we should start over. Shake on it?"

-

The mouse was taken aback by this newfound kindness, making him hesitant to respond. Noticing the soft smile across Oswald's face, he came to the conclusion that he was to trust, and put his hand out with a large smile. Their hands nearly touched, but Mickey abruptly pulled back without warning. The gremlin watched carefully to see if he could catch what's wrong, while Oswald pulled his back in response, cocking his head to the side in a fit of confusion.

-

Mickey looked aside, a look of mass guilt spreading across this face. "A while ago, I found the workshop..." Mickey started to remember in detail what he had done that cursed day at the workshop, only increasing his guilt more as he realized that this was the consequence of his past actions. "...There was Paint and Thinner. Things really got outta control. I spilled The Jug onto a... a gateway. A gateway to what I've found out now is this place..." His face cringed, as he realized that he had no choice but to tell the others what happened. "I caused the Thinner Disaster."

-

Oswald's entire body jolted, his face shocked. He didn't say anything for a few seconds, taken aback by what the mouse had said. He should have expected it-- that mouse had been nothing but hurtful to him, but he had never thought it would have been true. He then bolted forward towards the mouse his hands spreading out to make himself appear larger than he was. "YOU?!" Oswald's face grew with rage, as he made his way closer to Mickey, their noses nearly touching. Mickey hung his head low, a frown hanging heavy.

-

"I'm really sorry."

-

Oswald stomped with his fists shaking, ticking out of control from the rush of emotions. "I should have known! You stole my life AND ruined my home." He grabbed onto Mickey's tuff of fur by his neck. "Oh, you, you, YOU! I should have done this a long time ago." Mickey watched in a mix of both confusion and guilt as Oswald wined his foot up.

-

"Oswald--" Gus called out, "What are you--"

-

Without a second of hesitation, Oswald kicked Mickey off the cliff, leaving him to soar up into the air. He fell far, far-far away from where Gus and Oswald could see.

-

"O...Oswald?"

-

Oswald looked at the gremlin, sticking up his nose and crossing his arms. "That should do it! I punted him towards the Sun, and now that fragarassin' mouse can't bother us no more!" He dusted off his hands and sat back down at the Jug, pleased with what he had done.