The Law of My Love (Buck x Eddie)

*TW// Blood and physical fights*

post-lawsuit drama|

Ever since the lawsuit, the dynamics between Buck and the rest of the 118 has been thrown off. The one relationship he has had the roughest time processing was his own best friend, Eddie. Well, you could hardly call them friends. They were on the way to becoming lovers, since Eddie confessed his feelings to Buck. The lawsuit ruined any chances of it going farther.

He just wanted his job back. He didn't want to ruin everything with his friends. No. not his friends, his family. They meant everything to him and now he can't talk to them, even with the restriction lifted. Buck doesn't blame them for not wanting to talk to him. He caused unadded stress to them. He should've waited to return to work.

The worst thing about this whole situation was his lawyer. Chase Mackey. God he was so obsessed with suing the state and the fire department. He went to extreme lengths to make sure Buck would win the court over. The aftermath of all of this, well he didn't take it well. When he learned that Buck dropped the lawsuit, he was furious. Buck remembers Chase throwing things across his office, screaming at him.

Today, Chase randomly texted him to meet him at his office. It had been about 2 weeks since the lawsuit. Buck was confused about why Chase was texting him. The last words Chase uttered to him was "I fucking hate you Buckley, never contact me again". That may be a sign to not message someone. He had bad feelings about this.

For the first time in a long time, he had no one to consult and ask if he should meet him. He had no second opinion. If he was wrong, he was wrong because he didn't grow up soon enough. This whole situation made him realize he needs to grow up and start thinking for himself, using his brain and not his heart, and sometimes his dick.

Buck was going. He was going to meet Chase and talk about whatever he needed. Maybe he would apologize? Maybe he would beat the shit out of him, who knows! But he was going. Hopefully, he could make things right with at least one person. It'll be a start...

Buck went to the address Chase gave him. It was an apartment building not too far from Mackey's office. He felt a little more secure in the fact that he was meeting him at a public apartment.

He went to the apartment number Mackey gave him and knocked on the door. Buck heard a faint "come in" from behind the door. He opened the door and walked in. He was sitting right there.

"Buckley." Chase said.

"Chase." Buck said. "Are you gonna tell me what this is all about?"

"I wanted to... talk about everything." Chase responded.

"Do you mean how you got pissed at me and threw stuff at me because I told you I dropped the lawsuit?" Buck said, crossing his arms.

"Well, sort of like that." Chase said as he slowly walked behind Buck and shut the door.

"What do you mean sort of-" Buck got cut off by Chase shoving him against the wall.

"You listen here. I could've gotten a shit ton of money from there. I could've shut down the fire department for months. But you little bitch of a man had to fuck it up, and for what? You're precious little friends?" Chase mocked.

"It was a stupid mistake from the beginning. You knew that it was. You just wanted me to tell you everything about my friends so you could ruin their lives, didn't you?" Buck snapped back.

Punch

Buck was thrown off by the random pain in his cheek. He punched him. Chase punched him.

"We could've won, Buck! *punch* You just doubt me. We could've been rich! You wouldn't have needed your friends!" Chase threw a punch again.