|| 24 ||

A/N: Hey folks! What's up? How have you been?. I hope you guys are okay with the new variant in town. It's slowly becoming a yearly thing. By the way, 1800 words it is. Enjoy!

(P.s. Thankyou for 3k+ reads. Really means alot)

Anah's POV

Sunrays hit my face as my eyes shifted to Riya half sitting half laying beside me. It was a tough night for me. I couldn't believe papa could be this harsh and obliviant of my feelings.

My head started to hurt even thinking about it. Getting up from the bed and adjusting the blanket properly over Riya I went and stood in the balcony.

A smile graced my lips at the memory of him of climbing the balcony for me. How am I supposed to stay away when he just resides in my mind all the time? Sighing big time I was just looking through the garden when my eyes fell onto a car just opposite to my house.

It seemed familiar for some odd reason. I scrunched my forehead in order to get a better view but couldn't hence decided to shrug it off. Heading back inside I went and sat on Riya's side while adoring my best friend. The way she loves and cares for me, anybody could say we are sisters.

Deciding upon to shower and then head to hospital without meeting papa, I went to my sorts. The cold water hitting my head gave me some relaxation and calmed my mind a little bit. Thoughts about him invaded my mind yet again when I heard my phone ringing.

What if it's him!

Quickly closing the shower and wrapping a towel around myself I went to take the call. The call was about to cut when I picked it up without looking carefully at the caller ID.

"Hi I-" I stopped mid sentence while my smile fell. His gaze was so uncomfortable. Following his gaze a gasp escaped due to my horror as I was just in a towel. Quickly I cut the call and rushed inside the bathroom to change into my clothes.

Oh god Anah what have you done!

Heading out now fully clothed my phone rang again, it was from the hospital. I sighed and thanked the good lord but soon realised that there might be an emergency and I might have to go. How am I going to face him?

Palming my face while slouching on the sofa I finally decided to call back. It was an accident Anah, it's okay, maybe he won't even remember. Calling back to the hospital, I realised I was one of the doctors alloted for the ER today.

Sighing hard, I went and shook Riya. " Anah let me sleep" "Riya I am going to the hospital". "Okay you go, I will get up later. Poor girl can't even sleep".

Shaking my head at her child like antics I hurried downstairs while checking my bag throughly for all the essentials.

" Oops" I bumped into khala as my bag fell down. " Yaah Allah! Everything have to happen when I am in a hurry. Sorry khala.".
She gave me a look and held my hand. "Khala what-" she cut me off with a stern look.

Pulling a chair she pushed me to sit down and started serving me some breakfast. "You didn't ate anything at dinner yesterday, don't make me more angry child. Finish it quickly without any arguments"

I sighed but none the less obliged to her command. I don't want to be on the recieving end of her wrath specially when I am in a hurry. I heard footsteps behind me and came in none other then, papa.

I focused my eyes on my food and held my head low. I am not angry at him but definitely disappointed. Didn't he trust me enough to make my own decisions? How can he ignore my words on my face without even flinching a little bit?