Chapter 1- Alix Castellanos

As the sun began to rise above the tall mountains surrounding the Encanto, a girl lay peacefully in her bed, snoozing away.

"ALIX!"

Until now.

Groaning, the girl turned onto her stomach as she ignored her name.

"ALIX!!" A rapid pounding was then heard on her door.

Groaning again, Alix sat up slowly, waiting for her eyes to adjust to her brightly lit room.

"Alix wake up! You're sister is missing!" It was a man's voice. Her papa.

Alix looked to her left to see her bed empty with no one but her. Her sister was in fact, missing.

But Alix had a feeling she knew where she went.

"Aya. Papa, she's fine. She probably went to see the Madrigals!!" Alix was now fully awake and getting out of bed.

She opened the door to see her dad with a pouty face. One that did not match his bulky frame.

"What do you mean she went to Madrigals? She always sends me off to work." He whines.

"Papa don't you know what today is?"

"Eh, no."

Alix gave him a fixed stare. "It's the day Antonio gets his gift? You know, Camilo's little brother."

Dad facepalmed as he suddenly remembered why today was so different from any other day.

"Ah, dios mio... I completely forgot."

Alix patted him on the shoulder as she made her way past him and into the bathroom.

"You asked to work extra days didn't you?" She didn't need to look at him to know his answer.

Alix grabbed her toothbrush, trying not to grimace at her rough appearance.

"How long will you be gone?"

It took a minute for him to respond. The only sound was the water running in the sink and her toothbrush scraping against her teeth.

"A week."

Alix spit into the running water. Rinsed her toothbrush, and then her mouth.

"I'll start packing then."

She turned off the water and walked back into her room. Her dad was still lingering outside the door.

"Forgive me cariño. The lead is real this time I swear. And I know you can take care of your sister and the animals by yourself." He finally said.

"I love you Alix, please tell Naomi I love her as well. And give the Madrigals my regards." With that he shuts the door and leaves.

A minute later, she hears the front door open them shut.

Alix sighs heavily as she changes into a yellow button up with a long white skirt.

Her hair was left cascading down her shoulder, but instead of the rats nest it was before, it was curled smoothly around her.

After, she quickly grabbed a bag and began folding her little sisters clothes inside of it. As well as her "necessities" (her stuff animal collection).

Heading downstairs, Alix grabbed a quick snack and began to head out.

Already she could hear the town was bustling in all it's livelihood. The Castellanos' lived on the quieter side but today was an exception.

Everyone everywhere was running around doing something. Whether it was running to the store or baking bread, someone was finding a way to make a racket. She loved it.