For You, I

prompt: An au where all the memories of the travelers from other people gets wiped out as they leave for another journey. Only a few will remember, in this case: the Archons.

☁️☁️

Tartaglia struggles to remember.

It bothers him. He isn't someone with such awful memory to begin with, being a high-ranking official in the Fatui— read: Harbinger— and having a mastery over different sorts of weapons, one must have the strength, skill, and of course, wit to go along with it. A complete set.

The Tsarista wouldn't deem him worthy otherwise.

So the lone fact, feeling, that something is missing bothers Tartaglia, "Childe", Ajax, whoever he is at this point. It's a constant nuisance that he's had to deal with after the catastrophe that struck the entirety of Teyvat has ended.

He feels, knows, something big has been taken out in his life and for as long as he can remember, he's been trying to figure it out bit by bit. Even more so in his now idle life.

A small, slowly growing part of him nags in his mind that this is all but wishful thinking and delusions in his part. In the world of Teyvat, people will have to stop chasing after something in their lives, at some point. Once their ambitions reach a certain peak in the eyes of the gods- certainly why Visions are the perfect evidence of such.

It's the fruition of the dedication people show that caught the eye of the gods. People's aspirations will continue to burn bright and it will take them to even greater heights. An ambition that transcends the heavenly principles themselves.

Tartaglia struggles to understand.

His constant struggle to remember is taking him anywhere but forward. It isn't something related to gaining a Vision, he already has one, mind you. So that cancels out the entire possibility of still having another great ambition, thus confusing him even more.

Yet his heart has yet to waver. Still, Tartaglia struggles to remember.

☁️☁️

The redhead finds himself spending time with a brunet adorning amber eyes much more often nowadays. He's closely acquainted with the other, that he knows for sure. Tartaglia knows that Zhongli is a man of mysteries, one that he uncovered is this seemingly-ordinary funeral consultant is actually the Geo Archon himself.

Who would've known! He should've, really.

Tartaglia knows that this man is filled with great knowledge and wisdom, making himself confide in the other whenever something troubles him so.

Being a soldier of war, Tartaglia's first instinct is to always trust his gut feelings. Trusting oneself can save you with so many troubles in life, and his gut is telling him to ask for answers from this man.

As of late, Tartaglia dreams of golden, dressed in blue and white and small, seemingly fragile hands bearing the strength of a billion stars themselves. A smile that can even rival the radiance of the fake sky in Teyvat.

He didn't understand what any of it meant.

“I don't get it”, his voice echoes in the rented private quarters of Liuli Pavilion, not really wanting anyone to overhear what he's saying. A tad bit ridiculous with the current ongoing peace in Teyvat nowadays but old habits die hard. Liyue's walls have ears, after all.