Chapter 9 - Blood and Flame

Summary: Reuniting with Yennefer after all this time apart draws you into another problem you hadn't been expecting, yet its something you'll be challenged with in ways you hadn't thought to deal with ever in your long life.
——

Surprised would be a severe understatement in the verbiage of your current circumstances these days. You've been in this sacred, very kind and very calming temple for not even a solid day yet and you've already managed to meet Yennefer who you weren't completely certain was even still alive.

No matter if Istredd told you of it and what happened in Aretuza with her disagreements with the Brotherhood and all that other chaotic shit she was apart of. You didn't want to give in to the hope that lingered deep within your heart that she was alive. But that was all confirmed when she showed up at random in the Temple of Melitele unannounced.

Which makes sense since she now apparently doesn't have her chaos anymore, now that was a true surprise in all honesty. Yennefer with lack of magic for the first time since she was a young farmers daughter trying to feed pigs, and though she smiles and makes good conversation so far, you know this has to be killing her inside. But you're not going to dwell on the matter, it's a waste of thought.

Instead have you chosen to leave your seating to wander the halls with her by your side, just enjoying having your old friend with you once again. You pass by a deep blue glass window, running your fingertips on the candle flames that burn from their wax castles on a metal tray near you. Just like so many others all over this giant temple, another of the hundred some candles giving light to this place when the sun goes down.

Yennefer looks to you questioningly, "So he started to talk about vampires and your family linage? Just came up to you and said all that?"

"Yeah, he did. It was weird but kind of nice to talk about my people with someone who genuinely has an unambiguous desire to learn about them. And not for the reason of hate or wanting their death."

"Hmm. He sounds pleasant enough."

"Oh he was, then he wanted me to do something."

She raises a brow, "Something?"

You let out a small laugh, "Nothing perverse thankfully. I just lifted him up, he was very excited about it."

"Oh was he now?" Chuckles Yennefer as you both pass by a plant, "I bet he's dreaming about you right now, dreaming steamy, detailed dreams. Drooling on his pillow too."

"Fuck off.." You laugh while gifting her a little nudge, "Hmm..he might be. I just hope he never goes seeking them, or if he does he's well prepared to protect himself. I'd hate to see him killed, he was kind.....which could be a bad thing in the long run for him."

Yennefer playfully nudges your arm this time, "Hmm, Geralt better count his days then, seems our vampire lover has is eyes set for my sister here. Though I doubt you'd object to some dirty activities with two handsome handsy men." She teases.

You gasp, "Excuse me my dear, but those days have long been apart of my past."

She snickers, "You ever ask Geralt? I bet he'd comply, just for one night, share you with another. Maybe even watch."

"Alright." You warn with a halfheartedly stern voice before breaking out into a smile as you push your hair back, "Fuck you're giving me dirty thoughts, I'm turning unpure in this here temple you damn heathen."

"Well you better pray for forgiveness then you sinner, sleeping with a man, unmarried in this temple and their own bed you've been gifted to have. Tisk, tisk, Y/N."

You roll your eyes at her, "I don't wanna hear it from the woman who had sex in front of more then a thousand elf skulls, multiple times. All their ancient bones and everything, right in front of those sunken in eye sockets staring at your naked arse. Disgusting, gross, disturbing even....you shameful whore."