The Fight

(DISCLAIMER I DO NOT OWN SPLATOON, SPLATOON 2, OR ANY MEDIA IN THIS STORY UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE)

[No one's POV]

       Agent 8 was in the elevator on the way to the surface, hopeful for the surface and the things it may bring. Then the elevator stopped.
     "Huh? The elevator..." 8 heard Marina say over comms.
     "It stopped!" Pearl responded. Heard a sound and looked up.
     "Who's up there?" Pearl asked
     "That's Agent 3! But..." Marina started. 8 focuse on the top of the tower and saw the old man she had met in the subway a few days prior.
     "GYAAAH! Agent 8? Help meeee!" Captain Cuttlefish yelled. Agent 3 turns around to reveal glowing green goo on one side of his face, tattered cape moving in the wind

(A/N: How does this happen? They're underground!)

     "Agent 3's mind was hijacked by that crazy phone!" Cap continued. 8 shivered, the phone in question had tried to blend her into a 'primordial ooze' that 3 had promptly saved her from by crashing through the ceiling and the blender, rendering himself unconscious. 3 spun around and leapt off the ufo he stood upon, performing several flips.

(A/N bad at fight scenes, so have the official vid)

At the end, 8 knocked the goo off of 3's face, knocking him unconscious again.
The elevator continued upward, carrying the trio to a ladder. 8 lifted 3 and carried him up the ladder, the cap'n following. 8 reached the top and opened the hatch. She crawled out blinking as her pink eyes adjusted to the light of the surface. Beautiful 8 thought as she admired the sun against the city skyline.
    "EIGHT!" A voice 8 recognized as Pearl's called out to her from a helicopter with lots of lights on it.
    "WE GOT YOU!" She yelled again. 8 grabbed 3 and super jumped to the platform underneath the helicopter.
    "Phew... we can breathe easy now." Marina said
    "WE FLY HIGH, TOUCH THE SKY!" Pearl rapped
    "FIGHT HARD UNTIL THE DAY WE FRY!" Cap'n countered.
    "NO LIE WE  DON'T QUIT, DON'T YOU EVER FORGET!" Pearl fired back.
    "Here we go again...." Marina said, shaking her head.    
    "WE STAY FRESH, NEVER FROZEN!" Cap'n rapped.
    "REIGN SUPREME LIKE THE ONES CHOSEN!" Pearl replied. Marina sighed    
    "You guys..." Something began to rise out of the water below drawing 8's attention.
    "Um... are you guys seeing this?" Marina said, breaking Cap'n and Pearl out of their rap battle.
    "What... is... that?!" Pearl asked.
   "That form... but they were said to have been destroyed so long ago. It's..." Cap'n began. The head was fully above the water.
    "HUMAN!" He finished.
    "Huh? Not that phone again!" He corrected himself.
    "TARTAR IN DA HOUSE!" The phone yelled. "[DISABLING CONTEMPORARY SPEECH MODE]"
    "I am TARTAR, an AI construct created 12,000 years ago by a brilliant professor." Tartar continued. "My prime directive is to pass humanity's vast knowledge on to the next worthy lifeform. When your kind became self-aware, I had hoped my long wait was finally over. But as I observed your evolution, I WAS DISGUSTED! You wage war over minor genetic deviations, obsess over trivial fashion choices. And so I created a new prime MWAH MWAH MWAH MWAH." Tartar's monologue blended together for 8 as she decided to observe the statue, scanning for any weaknesses. Not finding any, she tuned back into Tartar's monologue.
    "Today is the day my vision becomes a reality, as I destroy Inkopolis and everyone in it!" Tartar finished. FINALLY 8 thought.

(Skip to the actual gameplay, stop before end credits)

The statue was fully covered in ink.
    "Huh? It stopped charging, but it's going to fire anyway?!" Marina panicked.
    "Number 10,008... No test subject has worked so hard to spoil my plans... But now you will blend into the perfect world the professor imagined. Farewell 10,008, farewell to you and that worthless cesspool of a city..." Tartar said. Pearl jumped from the door of the heli, landing on the platorm.
    "Great job 8, I got it from here." Pearl said, "VOCAL CHORDS READY!" Pearl's tentacles glow, showing special charge    
    "AYO, STATUE!" Pearl called. She pulls giant killer wail from... somewhere.

(A/N: Seriously, where do women  keep these things??!!)

    "Boo-YAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!" Pearl screamed at the same time the statue fired. They then did the classic power struggle animation before Pearl's voice over powered the statue. Tape immediately covered the area saying GAME. ? 8 tilted her head quizzically at the appearance, then shrugged and turned to the sleeping 3. She watched him for a time while the others rejoiced, She then noticed his change in breathing, and she wasn't the only one. Pearl walked over.
    "Hey guys! I think 3's waking up!" Pearl called.
    "Lass, you don't want to be that close, when 3 wakes up in an unkown location he--" Cap'n started. 3 spun on his back with his legs out in a spinning kick (recovery move) nailing Pearl in the face and sending her backwards.   
    "--does that." Cap'n finished. 3 was on his feet immediately, Hero Shot in hand.  
    "Stand down 3." Cap'n said, " We are among allies here."
    "Yessir" 3 said spinning his weapon and holstering it, then he stood at attention.    
    "Orders?" He questioned.
    "At ease." Cap'n replied. 3 nodded. 8 walked up to him, he looked at her,    
    "Yes?" He asked. She pulled a notepad from... somewhere and wrote something on it 'Do you remember anything from the metro?'
    "I do, you were trapped in that blender with the Cap'n, but the rest is fuzzy, I think I fought you, but I'm still making sense of the migraine I have." She nodded.
    "Why won't you speak?"
She hesitated with her response, unsure of how to respond.
    "Can I guess?" He asks. She nods.    
    "You're afraid that, if you open your mouth, the horrors will never stop after what you've been through in the metro." 8's eyes widened. 3 continued,
    "And you feel that there isn't anyone you trust fully to support you through those horrors" 8 nodded.
    "Well, you saved me, and so I won't let anything hurt you in return."
8 smiled, 'Thank you' she wrote. She rested her head on his shoulder for comfort and watched the sunrise with her newfound protector.

Ayyy, finally got time to start writing, high school's a bitch just so ya'll know. I want your honest opinions on my 1st chapter. I'll update whenever I can. If I made any spelling or grammar mistakes please send me a message through my profile. GoldCorvette out.
Dedicated to JustinSmith794