XXIII

Eɴᴛᴇʀ Lᴜᴍɪɴᴇ

Life in the palace was truly Celestia on Teyvat, not a problem in sight as M/n begins to warm up to the possibility of being known in the world, of course, there was still worry but he knew that those around him would protect him and he'd do the same

Life in the palace was truly Celestia on Teyvat, not a problem in sight as M/n begins to warm up to the possibility of being known in the world, of course, there was still worry but he knew that those around him would protect him and he'd do the same. However...Aether had been on edge as of late, sticking closer to M/n, and soon had to come clean about his paranoia.
"Lord Rex lapis, we might have an upcoming issue."

"Do tell, Abyssal Aether?"

"Remember when I told you about my twin sister?"Zhongli nods his head, already not enjoying the direction this was heading in but calmly awaiting what was to be said next.
"She's on the way here, despite my telling her no to. She believes that I was forced to write that letter to her. Honestly, now isn't the time for her to be headstrong when I have much on my plate."

"You're very mature after joining the Golden Abyss temple."

"One must be with my position! Though I wish I was more mature in the beginning, I end up thinking about my childishness and get so embarrassed!"Aether sulks a bit as he has a mini-mental flashback of how immature he once was causing him to cringe. Zhongli couldn't help but chuckle a bit at this. Aether has grown for the better but now, who knows what they'll encounter with the twin sister. Would she be easier to deal with or a straight-blown hassle?
"Aether, continue to do your job well. Also, a certain concubine has been chatting about you~"Aether blushes, he knew exactly who Zhongli was talking about.
"R-Really? *Ahem!*"

"Since you have some free time, go visit them and tell his grace I wish to see him."

"Can do, Lord Rex lapis."Aether nearly skips out the door, in love-struck glee. Zhongli of course knew how that felt, he was the same when it came to M/n after all.
"Hm, I wonder if his grace is the same about me? Ah, one can dream."

🪨🪨🪨

"Zhongli-"M/n's voice was soft and sweet as he opens the door to the Geo Archon's office but he was greeted by a rare sight; Zhongli had fallen asleep, still upright in his chair and head leaning to the side against the plush headpiece.
"Oh, guess I kept him waiting...Or maybe he hasn't been sleeping as much."He felt his cheeks warm slightly, had Zhongli always looked that handsome? Why had he just now noticed this until this moment?

M/n advances towards the sleeping man and gently cuffs his cheek, clearly not aware of his actions nor the figure just outside the window, stalking, waiting for the right opportunity to strike.
"He wouldn't mind... would he?"M/n mutters thoughtfully. He wanted to try something he did with Xiao one night, the poor child was having nightmares and Kazuha was the one to wake M/n up for help. M/n kissed Xiao on the forehead, immediately easing the child into a better sleep, he even tried it on Kazuha; putting him to sleep in a matter of seconds.
M/n gathers all his courage and closes in on Zhongli's forehead but a sound unheard by M/n wakes the Dragonoid up. He quickly tackles M/n to the floor as the windows shatter.
"Your grace, are you alright?!"

"Yes, I'm fine but what just happened?!"

"There's an unknown human nearby, but it seems like they fled after attempting to attack."Zhongli sits up and pulls the now shaken male up with him just as Aether and Xingqiu rush into the room.
"Your grace!"

"I'm fine! Zhongli protected me, but he ended up with cut.."Not minding the blood running down the Geo Archon's face, he placed a hand on said cut, healing it immediately.
"I guess Lumine is here. I'll send out a search party, if you wish it, Your grace."

"No, that'll draw too much attention. I'm not sure who I can trust besides those of the palace."

"Your Grace, I have a few friends in the Golden Abyss temple that you can trust. I'll have them stationed here, if you wish you can meet them."