Chapter Èr(2). Xuan awakens

A/N: Before you all read this chapter, there's something I need to say here: It's a good thing I'm writing this fic, cause it actually kinda brings out the potential in Xuan's character. I know those people who made the movie as well as the sequel were trying to be faithful to the original story, but it doesn't seem good enough and I feel like they were trying way too hard. I mean, Xuan had a really big role in the first movie that he seemed like he had a lot of potential, and the fact that they just let him die was just honest to God out of nowhere!!! That's why I say Xian is a wimp and agree big time with Verta when she told Blanca that he didn't deserve her love in the beginning of Green Snake when her life was being taken by Fahai, because Xian only had a small role and what did he do?! NOTHING!!! Absolutely nothing as great as Xuan!!! NADA!!! SMH

Ok, I'm done ranting. And anyways, get ready to have some of your hearts healed!!!

As Blanca stayed by Xuan's side as he appeared to be sleeping and recovering from being frozen into ice, Xialing slightly peeked and she couldn't help but giggle cutely to herself. Then she went to walk away, when she suddenly saw that a dog who had no tail was right in front of her. She was startled for a moment until she saw that it was just a dog so she smiled and greeted it saying, "Hey there, little guy. What are you doing here?" Then she bent down to pet him, to which the dog who was named Dudou smiled and enjoyed the way Xialing was petting him, then he spoke to her saying, "I just wanted to say... thank you for saving Xuan."

Xialing was startled even more when she Dudou just talked, "You can talk?!"

But then she smiled widely because she thought it was amazing that Dudou could actually talk, "Awwwwwww, you're so cute! You're welcome, little guy! What's your name?" The black-haired girl asked him sweetly while petting the dog behind his ear.

"I'm Dudou, Xuan's dog. Who are you?" The dog answered as he laughed at the way Xialing pet him behind his ear because it tickled him so much.

"Xialing, I'm Xuan's cousin." The girl answered happily, "Nice to meet you, Dudou."

"Nice to meet you too, Xialing." Dudou replied as he was also happy himself.

"So how did you and Xuan meet?" Xialing suddenly asked the dog while she got up to give him a small treat.

"Oh, well..." Dudou hesitated, but then he sighed and explained. "I was abused by my former owner. He neglected me, and would beat me and consider me annoying when I would beg him to play with me. Not to mention, he would starve me and not let me eat. So I escaped because I didn't want to deal with him anymore, and that's when I found Xuan... Actually he found me and he saw how much I looked like I was about to die, so he took care of me and did whatever my former owner couldn't do for me. That's why I'm very loyal to Xuan, and why I consider him my best friend."

Xialing knew how it felt to be rejected by someone who was supposed to care about you, so she got emotional but she couldn't let Dudou see her tears, "I'm so sorry. I'm glad that Xuan found you. He's one of the most caring people I have ever met in my life. I just hope that he wakes up, so you can reunite with him."

"I hope too. I swear, I was really scared when I heard that he might possibly die." Dudou nodded while sighing sadly, but then he smiled again with gratefulness as he looked up to face Xialing. "But you saved him, and I'm glad you did!"

Xialing smiled back and kissed his little head, "Xuan deserves to live, and Blanca is so caring of him."

"She really is." Dudou agreed softly, just before he frowned sadly because he began to feel regret for not approving of Xuan and Blanca's relationship just because she was a snake.