Chapter 2

Ben's POV:

When I kissed Blaire, it was like electricity in my stomach. I had to let go, so she wouldn't be creeped out. She IS four years younger than me, but age doesn't matter to me. Now Jonas won't talk to me. He told me that he likes her, and I betrayed him. What do I do? For the rest of the party, I just steered clear from both of them. I actually just left.

Jonas' POV:

When I saw Ben kissing her, I was so jealous. I told him my secret and he betrayed me. I am so angry with him. I just hung out with Blaire the rest of the party. We talked, laughed and drank. We only got slightly tipsy, but the rest of the team was drunk. I offered Blaire a ride home since she didn't have a car.

We got to her place and I let her out. "Thank you so much for the ride!" she said. "No problem. If you ever need a ride, just call." I replied. She smiled and went inside.

Blaire's POV:

I can't even believe I just got a ride in Jonas Gustavsson's car, that I'm on the Maple Leafs, and that I kissed Ben Scrivens. I just can't believe it all. I have all the team's phone numbers in my cell, so I can keep in contact with them. I decide to text Colby Armstrong, who wasn't incredibly drunk.

B: Hi

C: Hey, Ben is pretty racked up

B: From the kiss?

C: Yeah. He likes you, y'know.

B: Really?

C: Yeah, and so does someone else..

B: Oh wow.

C: Yeah, and Ben is so angry at himself for betraying the other person.

B: Wow, thanks Colby.

C: No problem. Maybe dinner tomorrow with Ben, Jonas, Dion, Phil and I?

B: Sure!

C: Okay, see you then. :)

Wow, Ben Scrivens likes me. That is awesome. I always thought him and Jonas had girlfriends, but they are actually both single, like me. I can't understand why Ben would like me. I need to talk to him.

B: Ben? Are you okay?

BS: Hi. I'm so mad at myself. I betrayed one of my best friends.

B: By doing what?

BS: By kissing you

B:Oh. I'm sorry.

BS: Yeah, and he'll probably never talk to me again.

B: Oh, he will, don't worry

BS: Ugh, Blaire, there is something you need to know...

B: Yeah?

BS: I'm in love with you. I have liked you ever since I saw you on the Marlies.

B: Wow, If we are gonna do this, Ben, I have liked you for a long time too.

BS: Really?

B: Yes.

BS: Blaire, will you be my Girlfriend?

B: Of course.

BS: He is gonna be so mad. But it doesnt matter anymore. He can deal with it.

B: Okay, good night! :)

BS: Good night Lovely.

Woah, did that just happen? I am now dating Ben Scrivens. WHOA.

Jonas' POV:

I am hanging out at Colby's house right now. We're just watching the replay of the game. His phone rings. Colby keeps his phone volume on loud, so you can hear everything the other person is saying. It's annoying.

"Hey man" Colby says.

"Hi, I have big news" The other person says. It's Ben...

"yeah what?" Colby looks worried.

"Blaire is my girlfriend now!" Ben says. My jaw drops.

"okay, congrats man, gotta go" He hangs up.

I get up. My best friend, betrayed me, again. I can't believe him. I'm gonna kill him.

Colby pulls me back down. "you aren't going ANYWHERE. You will kill him" I guess I'm staying here tonight.

*AT THE DINNER*

Ben's POV:

Blaire was coming to the dinner with me. Phil and Dion were already there. I was so nervous to see Jonas, because he likes Blaire too. I betrayed him and I'm worried I'll get pummeled.

I take a deep breath, and we walk into the restaurant. It's in the Brewery District. Dion and Phil are already at the table. I sit down and Blaire sits next to me. "Hi" Blaire says. "Hey" Phil replies.

"So, I have some very important news to share with you two. Colby knows already" They look eager to know. "Blaire is my girlfriend"

Their jaws drop. "C'mon guys, It's not that hard for me to get a girl." I tell them.

Just then, Colby and Jonas walk in. Colby smiles, but Jonas avoids eye contact. "Hey Jonas! thanks so much for the ride last night!" Blaire says. He smiles and says "No problem, anytime." He doesn't look at me. "Why didn't you come home last night?" I ask him. "I stayed at Colby's" he says, still not looking at me.

"Jonas, Blaire and I are dating." I say to him. He tenses up and Colby gives him a look. He relaxes a little, then sighs. "congratulations, you two." he says, smiling at Blaire. I grab her hand under the table. Her hands are so soft and delicate, I forget she is an NHL goalie.

Once we finish our food, Jonas excuses himself. I decide to go and see what was wrong. "Excuse me" I say politely and get up, about three minutes after he leaves.

I walk into the mens' room and he is at the sink. "Why, Ben, why?" he asks. I move closer, and I see he is crying. I have never seen a grown man cry before. "Jonas, I know you're mad. I am so sorry. I just did it. I don't know why. I realized I am in love with her. Hit me. Hit me for what I did." The words pour out of my mouth. He straightens up, and finally looks at me. The look in his eyes is like nothing I have ever seen before. Jealousy, anger, sadness, hurt, pain and envy all in one.

He calmly says "No" and walks out. I take my time and think. Why did I have to DO that? I finally leave the mens' room. I get back to the table and pay the bill for all of us.

"Want to come back to my place?" Blaire asks after we leave the restaurant. "Alright" I reply. The thought of going back to hers excites me. I want to see where she lives. Turns out she doesn't live too far from the ACC. She unlocks the door and we step inside. It is very neat and tidy, except for her equipment strewn around everywhere in the living room. She leads me to her bedroom, where we lay down and watch television for a while.

Then I do it. I lean in and kiss her. She runs her hands through my hair and I smile. I put one hand over her waist. We just sit there for a while like that. She finally breaks apart from me and I smile. "Our first real kiss" she says.

Blaire's POV:

Kissing Ben was amazing, again. We just sat there for a while. After a bit, we returned to watching television. The replay of our game. They were showing the highlights. "You were amazing." He says. "Oh thanks, it was nothing really." I say and he laughs. "Your first NHL game and it was a shutout!" He looks at me and smiles. I pull him in and kiss him again. "Good night" I say, and flump down on the bed.