hello?

"Hennessy! Hi Hello I haven't heard from you in a while

Hennessy was a bit stunned at what James just said. It was like He expected her to keep reaching out throughout all the times he didn't respond. She stuttered "Hey...James."

James: "I'm surprised you're up this late isn't it almost dawn there?"

Hennessy turned her head and looked out the big window "Yeah it's late. Sorry, I'm just really tired."

James: "No yeah it's okay I understand. I just wanted to call and check in."

Hennessy paused and licked her lips: "I miss you..."

He laughed slightly "I miss you too, sweetheart. I hope you're smiling right now."

Hennessy tried but it didn't feel genuine

James spoke again "Hey I don't mean to cut this short but it's the afternoon here so we'll probably go do some last minute things before leaving for home but i'll see you soon alright."

Austin softly knocked on the door and motioned for James to come along.

Hennessy said softly "Okay I'll see you soon." and dropped the phone on her stomach

"Hey what was that? You good man?" Austin asked poking his head through the door

James looked down at his call log "Yeah." He nodded "Yeah I'm good."

"Okay good i'm glad but it's our last full day in Athens let's go out."

James turned around to look at Austin and smiled "Yeah that sounds fun let's go."

Walking out of James' room Austin shouted to everyone "I got him guys!!"

They all stood around the counter and cheered

"Who were you on the phone with?" Alice asked

Leland handed him a drink. "I just called home but I forgot it's 4am there."

Austin tried to change the subject "We'll I think we should go out or at least rage tonight."

"I'm so down..." James said

"What-?!" Everyone shouted

"Yeah why now it's out last night." He sipped his drink and rambled on "No responsibilities no commitment. nothing."

"Alright then let's go!" Leland exclaimed with Austin shouting in the background

****

"Knock knock." Hennessy greeted Rhiannon

"Oh good morning sunshine! You sure are here late haha."

"Yeah my bad i was up late last night even after i got home."

"Oh I definitely don't blame you. I was damn near dragging myself to my front door." Rhiannon laughed

Hennessy gasped "Oh my gosh you'll never believe what happened last night!"

"TEA?!" Rhiannon shouted

Hennessy started laughing "Yes definitely we'll kind of but it was weird."

"We'll grab a seat and i'm all ears!"

Hennessy began "Okay okay so I shit you not last night when I got home; the second I hit the bed I got a phone call. It was from James..."

Rhiannon gasped and leaned forward "No way-"

"Way. It was honestly weird because he seemed to be in a hurry and like he was calling just to make sure we were all still alive."