Chap 1

It was Halloween, and Serena was getting the place ready.

Every year, she typically laid out candy for anyone that came by, and watched a few old movies. But this year, she was determined to share those traditions with Dan.

'I'm really excited to share my Halloween traditions with you this year!' Serena said when Dan came over.

'I am too! What kind of movies do you usually watch?' Dan asked.

'Usually Hocus Pocus and The Nightmare before Christmas.'

'Both very good movies, but this year, how about we watch a real scary movie?'

Dan then showed her a DVD of The Excorsist.

'Oh my! That's definitely a scary choice!' Serena said, feeling uneasy.

'You're not scared, are you?'

'No! No, definitely not. I'll gladly sit through this scary movie with you!'

She did try, but they had to stop the movie mid way because Serena wouldn't stop clinging to Dan. She didn't sleep well that night at all.

The next morning, at breakfast

'I'm really sorry about last night. I shouldn't have brought that movie over.' Dan said, embarrassed.

'That's okay.' Serena mumbled, trying to wake up.

'If it makes you feel any better, I didn't have a good reaction to the movie the first time I saw it either. Not sure how long I had nightmares.

By then, Serena looked like she wanted to fall into her food. Dan helped her get back upstairs and into bed.

'Maybe next year, we can start a new tradition that doesn't involve scary movies?' Dan suggested.